Enchantment Review - June 23rd-27th

We have been on the Majesty, Allure and Freedom so far and decided to give the Enchantment a try with another family. We had a balcony room on the Freedom and decided to spring for a junior suite on the aft of the ship. We were traveling with our 2 boys ages 4 and 5 along with my sister's family who had 2 kids ages 3 and 6.

Location (Aft)

We arrived to the room and we were a little surprised by the size. It was about the same size as our regular balcony room on the Freedom but we understand it is a smaller ship. We opened the balcony and the view is amazing then we looked around at the floor and the chairs. The chairs and floor were covered in soot and by day 4 the whole balcony was covered in soot peebles.(See pic) We asked the cabin steward if it was possible to wipe the chairs and he said we had to get pool towels and just cover it up. We also weren't too thrilled about the sheets because they had stains on it but you could tell it had been washed. The bathroom smelled like a sewer on day 1 which wasn't a great start to our trip.

We hung out for the sail away then ate dinner and came back to the room hoping to spend sometime on the balcony. The sofa bed had been pulled out and to our surprise the door was completely blocked by the bed. (See pic) If we wanted to use the balcony, we would have to jump a hurdle over the rail on the end of the bed and try not to wake the kids. I'm wondering if it is like this on other ships.

We read reviews prior to booking this room because we were concerned about the noise from the Spotlight lounge. Most people said once they closed the balcony the noise went away. Well I can tell you that is not the case. The music thumped until at least 1 or 2am, luckily it didn't bother my kids.

I went to bed thinking to set an alarm so we wouldn't sleep too late....well you don't have to worry about that in the aft. Your entire room shakes like an earthquake once your boat reaches its destination. We were tendered at Coco Cay, docked at Nassau and of course docked at Orlando and each time we arrived we knew thanks to the room shaking so much.

Service

We preordered 2 soda packages for the kids. They don't drink soda but they do like the flavored lemonades. We noticed in the evening that we did not get the soda cups in our rooms so we asked the cabin steward about them. He basically told us he couldn't do anything and we would have to go to guest services. My husband went to guest services and they ran out of cups so he said he wanted a refund since my kids wouldn't be drinking the soda. She said that they could't do anything on the ship and they would have to email someone to see if they could process the refund. Long story short..by the end of the trip we had a credit for the soda package. If you don't get the cup in your room then go to guest services early.

My husband had the drink package along with my brother in law. They mentioned that each bartender told them different times between getting drinks. One person said 5 mins, then next 15 and the next 30. They said the bartenders were not that friendly. On the other ships, the staff would say hello as you walked by and seemed more sociable but not on this ship.

Adventure Ocean

Our kids went to the Adventure Ocean on 2 different days. The staff seemed nice and the kids had fun. We were disappointed that they don't do pirate night on the 4 day cruise.

Dinner

We were not pleased with our dinner service each night we went (and we only missed one night). Our waiter always took our order after serving other tables their appetizers and then everyone is leaving the dining room as we are just placing our dessert order. We didn't arrive late and we had small kids with us so it was torture sitting at the dinner table longer than necessary.

On the disembarkment day we went to the Windjammer to eat breakfast and came back to the room to get our carry on luggage. When we arrived the room has been cleaned and the bed was made, however, we weren't done with room. We rearranged our luggage on the bed (which had been rolled all over the airport floor) but it made it wonder if the room attendant was just going to straighten up the sheets for the next person even though we had sat and placed our luggage on the bed.

For all of the Enchantment lovers, don't hate me. Overall, I have come to the conclusion that each ship is different and everyone has a different experience. We had a great time on the Majesty, Allure and Freedom but did not enjoy our experience on the Enchantment. Our next trip is on the Allure in August, hopefully we will have a great time like we did last year.

What cabin number were you in?

We are booked on an aft JS.. 7666 in the corner. I'm a little worried about the soot, but to be honest - your pictures didn't look that bad?

We were in 7668 which is right next door. You get the extended balcony with 7666 so good choice.

The soot wasn't that bad. You have to get pool towels for all of the chairs since the chairs were stained with soot. Just make sure you shake off the pool towels before sitting anywhere and watch what you touch since you can get soot on your clothes from the railing.

Just prepare yourself for the earthquake feeling when you arrive. The view was amazing so I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Edited by lavacruise