Bring soda onboard?

tampadee

The boyfriend and I took four six packs of 24 oz bottles of Diet Mountain Dew in a small suitcase as part of our checked luggage. Worked for us because we used the same suitcase to carry back all the stuff we bought on the cruise. We didn't have to worry with cramming more stuff in our suitcases. Plus they didn't mind the bigger bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had brought a 12 pack of cans and did it through check in with no issues. I justed my smallest rolling bag. Even though I didn't drink one coke out of it. I really liked the lemonade on the ship. It was quite good. Good LuCK!

I put 2 12-packs in a roll-on just big enough to fit them- one for DH and one for myself. Whatever we have left we leave behind and this gives extra room to take home whatever we buy along the way.

Like! This is exactly what we do (I love Caffeine Free Pepsi .which is not provided by Carnival). I also bring on Fiji water because it's the only kind of water that I really like to drink. I know, I'm spoiled.:D

This is for a short 3-day cruise. On longer cruises I'll also buy a limitless soda package to go along with what I bring on.

Edited by mousey

For the sake of saving someone from the same mishap, I will admit that I put soda in my suitcase which did leak.

It got on my clothes and I am sure got on others peoples suitcases.

Stupid stupid move. I was rushed at the last minute and put it in the suitcase. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and carry it on.

The boyfriend and I took four six packs of 24 oz bottles of Diet Mountain Dew in a small suitcase as part of our checked luggage. Worked for us because we used the same suitcase to carry back all the stuff we bought on the cruise. We didn't have to worry with cramming more stuff in our suitcases. Plus they didn't mind the bigger bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I like the idea of taking them all in one, then having that empty suitcase for "stuff"! Sounds good - thanks!! ;)

forgive me if im wrong, and i know you will. with all the money we spent on the cruise, is it really worth it to schlep soda and water w/you? i believe the breakdown comes to $1.25 the ship charges.

I'm driving down and just paid $3 for a 12 pack. Ship charges $1.95 for one. Dennis

I have never had my drinks crushed when I pack them. I also wrap our twelve packs in sealed bags so that if a leak happens it's contained. I've done this on my last five cruises and have not had any issues.

I am surprised they made it thru as Carnival says to bring on in your carry on. One guy we talked to checking in told m he brought a suitcase full of beer, saw him that afternoon and he didn't get it delivered to his room. He got caught, that's why they don't want cans in yur checked luggage. Dennis

Like! This is exactly what we do (I love Caffeine Free Pepsi .which is not provided by Carnival). I also bring on Fiji water because it's the only kind of water that I really like to drink. I know, I'm spoiled.:D

This is for a short 3-day cruise. On longer cruises I'll also buy a limitless soda package to go along with what I bring on.

Really?

Go through all of the hassle to lug onboard 10 - 20 lbs of liquids to go on a 3 day vacation? Drag it through security, the terminal, the ship to your room?

Come on, it's a vacation!!!

You can go 3 - 7 days without your everyday liquids that you've had all year long. Go try something new onboard (ice tea, juices, etc...) for a few days, it won't kill you.

Btw, the ship's de-salinated water from the Caribbean or Bahamas is probably better than the Fiji water you've lug onboard...

Really?

Go through all of the hassle to lug onboard 10 - 20 lbs of liquids to go on a 3 day vacation? Drag it through security, the terminal, the ship to your room?

Come on, it's a vacation!!!

You can go 3 - 7 days without your everyday liquids that you've had all year long. Go try something new onboard (ice tea, juices, etc...) for a few days, it won't kill you.

Btw, the ship's de-salinated water from the Caribbean or Bahamas is probably better than the Fiji water you've lug onboard...

I enjoyed the tea and lemonade. and the Breafast Cocktail was REALLY good they serve. I have to say though it really wasn't a hassle carrying it on. I just brought a small rolling bag put a garbage bag around the drinks (used it for dirty clothes later) and then put my souviners in this case on our way home. I am a huge coke drinker. But on board, I didn't drink but one, my hubby drank the others. No matter what you will have fun!

I am surprised they made it thru as Carnival says to bring on in your carry on. One guy we talked to checking in told m he brought a suitcase full of beer, saw him that afternoon and he didn't get it delivered to his room. He got caught, that's why they don't want cans in yur checked luggage. Dennis

You can bring water and soda's. No Beer or other alcohol can be checked in. We have never had a problem bringing ours on. Just make sure you have them sealed so if something happens while they are loading and unloading the luggage.