Glaciers with point and shoot?

Fog123

I've read the thread about how to take glacier shots, but it seems to be geared towards SLRs and I confess to being a bit brain dead as I get ready to leave.

I have a Nikon Coolpix AW110. It's got a lot of features to it, including some exposure control.

Just so I can get this straight, do I slightly under expose or over expose the pictures if I want to manipulate them post photo?

Any other tips?

Anyone have any suggestions on Android freeware for photography?

Thanks.

I've read the thread about how to take glacier shots, but it seems to be geared towards SLRs and I confess to being a bit brain dead as I get ready to leave.

I have a Nikon Coolpix AW110. It's got a lot of features to it, including some exposure control.

Just so I can get this straight, do I slightly under expose or over expose the pictures if I want to manipulate them post photo?

Any other tips?

Anyone have any suggestions on Android freeware for photography?

Thanks.

Point and Shot camera will just great when taking pictures of Glaciers. I have personally used a point and shot myself for years on Alalaskan Cruises.

The camera wants to make everything gray, including all of that white snow, so you may need to overexpose a bit (maybe 2/3 to 1 stop) to brighten the gray snow back to white. You should assess for yourself if you're diligent enough to remove that setting after the glaciers; if not, don't bother, and fix those particular shots after the fact.