Will ncl try to move us from 2 bedroom

Ed

When we originally booked back in August 2013 we booked a 2 bedroom for a transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami on the Epic for this Oct 2014. Just recently my daughter and friend have decided they didn't want to come leaving my wife and I in the 2 bedroom Haven? Right now the ship is fairly booked with no owner suites, no 2 bedrooms just an aft penthouse suites and a maybe a penthouse balcony. Only way I'd move is up to an owners suite but they are not available. Do you think NCL is going to ask us to move but where could they put us? Could they force a move?

Thanks

When we originally booked back in August 2013 we booked a 2 bedroom for a transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami on the Epic for this Oct 2014. Just recently my daughter and friend have decided they didn't want to come leaving my wife and I in the 2 bedroom Haven? Right now the ship is fairly booked with no owner suites, no 2 bedrooms just an aft penthouse suites and a maybe a penthouse balcony. Only way I'd move is up to an owners suite but they are not available. Do you think NCL is going to ask us to move but where could they put us? Could they force a move?

Thanks

No they won't unless there is a problem with your suite, they're happy to have you there. I am also in a 2 bedroom suite with only 2 people in it for the same TA :) Even crazier, I'm in a 2 bedroom suite alone in a couple of weeks because that was the only suite available.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Thanks

When we sailed in the Haven on the Pearl and the majority of the two bedrooms had only two people. I think there was one stateroom with a child and one with a teenager. The grand villas had extended families but all other rooms were two person occupancy. I used the extra bedroom and bathroom to get ready if husband was sleeping. Also used to store luggage, coats and dirty clothes bag. Have fun.

Despite what some will say, NCL does not care if you have 1 in a Garden Villa or maximum capacity. You pay for it and it's yours for a week unless there is a problem with the cabin. Don't worry.

The only possible danger is when a handicap is booked by a non handicaped individual. Even then it is difficult to find a case of it happening. NCL actually uses those cabins for non handicaped persons as the cruise nears and they are empty.

Thanks

Can you please explain your basis for being worried about this?

Personally I have never heard about a case where this would be a concern and people were penalized. Why are you worried about it?

A solo traveler can book and pay for the garden villa on a ship and they won't be moved. There is always a tiny, tiny chance you could be moved for any reason but that rarely, rarely ever happens.

In other words, you buy it, you own it, for the week.

Can you please explain your basis for being worried about this?

Personally I have never heard about a case where this would be a concern and people were penalized. Why are you worried about it?

I'm not the OP, but my understanding is on Carnival (not sure about other lines) if you book a cabin that sleeps 4 and only have 2 in it, they may move you to fit the 4 into your cabin.

It may not still be that way, but perhaps that's where the question came from. NCL doesn't do this.

I'm not the OP, but my understanding is on Carnival (not sure about other lines) if you book a cabin that sleeps 4 and only have 2 in it, they may move you to fit the 4 into your cabin.

It may not still be that way, but perhaps that's where the question came from. NCL doesn't do this.

Thank you for taking the time to shed some light on this even though you were not the OP.

I have been an extremely loyal NCL cruiser (only 1 of my 17 cruises was on another cruise line) and based on my NCL experience the OPs concerns made no sense to me.

If true, then this is yet another reason why my loyalty to NCL is appropriate.