Carnival Liberty cabin 2474

SusieCruises

Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 2474 or 2477on the Liberty? We have this cabin booked for later this year and I can't find too much information on it, but what I have found looks like this cabin has an entrance that is "set back" a little from the hallway. Like the room has a little entranceway between the hallway and the actual door to the room. I would REALLY like to hear from someone who has actually stayed in this room. We like the aft rooms and have stayed there before. We know about the vibration when leaving and entering ports and this doesn't bother us. It is just the ENTRANCE to this room that has us a little confused. I use a walker that I always have to fold up to get into the room (doorway is not wide enough) and I guess I am just wondering if I will have any problems getting into this room with my walker?

I appreciate any information or pictures anyone has for this room.

Thanks!!!

SusieCruises

I'm in 2477 in July, I can let you know, but you can type that ship and cabin number into this website or any search engine and get results

Thank you! I would appreciate it if you would come back on here with whatever you find about that cabin.

I HAVE looked on every site I can find and can't find pictures of those specific cabins. From the deck plans on Carnival's site, those cabins look a little larger and more irregularly shaped than some cabins. I am most concerned about that doorway and if I will have a problem getting in the cabin. (Oh, I WILL get in the cabin, LOL, just trying to find out how much trouble, if any, I will have.) Thanks for any info or pictures you get. :)

On one cruise, we had a balcony on the back of the ship and noticed one of the corner cabins had an odd configuration and two doors in the entrance.....we didn't pay too much attention to it then. Wish we we had. :(

• 1 month later...
How was your cabin? We have 2474 booked on the Valor in March, and I am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We don't cruise until December......I have been watching and waiting for 'rooster1961' to come back and let us know how it was.........;)

10487561_666583856753027_1583670941114216502_n.jpg?oh=d073eccaac7eb649f4d29d3179488589&oe=545682BE&__gda__=1413771014_71238b290a3d728b04af1930ffd651ae

You will share an entryway with 2475 and room was not as big as I thought because of odd shape but it will be one of the first ready on embarkation day. You will hear some propeller noise if they are going against current and when they dock. Those decorations were a suprise for the wife.

Here are some pics of the entryway going to 2474 and 2472. It may be a little tight for maneuvering a walker but I'm not sure.

7ynu4eta.jpgytyvesah.jpgegurunej.jpg

Thank you VERY MUCH for posting the pictures....especially the doorway. Yes, we may have to rethink this cabin and book another one. We have a lot of trouble getting a walker thru the doorways.....if I have to go thru TWO doorways I may give up and spend too much time in my cabin and I do NOT want to do that! LOL

We were in 2473 on the Freedom and we loved the extra space we had. We didn't mind the noise and vibration because it was usually only when going into and leaving ports so that didn't bother us. Its just the mobility issues and struggling with getting the walker in and out of the doorway that I was concerned with. The room doesn't look nearly as large as the one we had on the Freedom, but still looks a little more spacious than a regular Ocean View.

Oh well, it's another cruise so it will be great if I have to sleep on the deck! LOL

Thanks again for coming back with the cabin information and pictures. I really appreciate your help.

Hope you had a WONDERFUL cruise!

Thank you VERY MUCH for posting the pictures....especially the doorway. Yes, we may have to rethink this cabin and book another one. We have a lot of trouble getting a walker thru the doorways.....if I have to go thru TWO doorways I may give up and spend too much time in my cabin and I do NOT want to do that! LOL

We were in 2473 on the Freedom and we loved the extra space we had. We didn't mind the noise and vibration because it was usually only when going into and leaving ports so that didn't bother us. Its just the mobility issues and struggling with getting the walker in and out of the doorway that I was concerned with. The room doesn't look nearly as large as the one we had on the Freedom, but still looks a little more spacious than a regular Ocean View.

Oh well, it's another cruise so it will be great if I have to sleep on the deck! LOL

Thanks again for coming back with the cabin information and pictures. I really appreciate your help.

Hope you had a WONDERFUL cruise!

You're very welcome. I know what you mean about the extra room. I have been in 2470 4 times and my sister in 2473. Those rooms are AWESOME! It can be quite noisy back there, but I like it :) Glad my pics were a help to you.

I think it might be a little difficult to navigate 2 doorways as well especially since the cabin next to yours is so close. Might make for some interesting juggling if you are both trying to get in/out at the same time. Although, that may never actually happen.

You're very welcome. I know what you mean about the extra room. I have been in 2470 4 times and my sister in 2473. Those rooms are AWESOME! It can be quite noisy back there, but I like it :) Glad my pics were a help to you.

I think it might be a little difficult to navigate 2 doorways as well especially since the cabin next to yours is so close. Might make for some interesting juggling if you are both trying to get in/out at the same time. Although, that may never actually happen.

Very true....and with MY luck we will always be coming and going at the same time! LOL :rolleyes:

We have found that by taking OUR OWN DOORSTOP, it helps keep the door open to navigate it a little better when coming and going. But now with hand braces, too, everything is a little more difficult! Still, I do not like to book the handicap cabin because I don't need the special bathroom features and would hate to take them from someone who needs them. As long as I can get thru the doorway, I am fine with a regular cabin.

Oh well.....we still have time to make some changes. We have awhile till final payment.....

Thanks again! for your help :)