Wedding Insurance - Advice/Reviews

Hello!

We are planning a wedding in St Thomas and would like to purchase wedding insurance. We are using a non-cruise line wedding planner and outside vendors, and we want to protect ourselves in the unlikely event that the ship does not stop at St Thomas. We've made some initial calls and ProtectMyWedding.com (Travelers Insurance) seems to be the best. No insurance company will ever tell you that an event is "definitely" covered, but we want to make sure that if our ship doesn't dock, our claim won't be denied. Anyone have any first hand experience with wedding insurance for their cruise wedding?

Yes, I know that there is always a chance something could go wrong or not as planned, and we are fine with that... But we want to mitigate our risk.

Thank you I'm advance for any insight you can provide!!

We thought about it and were in the same situation that you are in: St. Thomas island coordinator, full wedding/reception. I talked it over with my wedding planner and found out that if the ship was to skip port the only money I wouldn't get refunded was cake and flower costs. Since both of those were smaller amounts (we brought our own bouquets) I skipped out on the insurance.

See what you would loose out on and weigh if the cost of the insurance is still worth it to you. Best of luck!

If I remember correctly my DW and I purchased ours through Wedsure. We were in a similar situation where we were married during a cruise but we handled everything privately rather than through the cruise line.

Fortunately, our only experience with wedding insurance was purchasing it as everything went smoothly. But it was nice having the peace of mind with insurance that we would at least recover our money if something happened.

Good luck!

If I remember correctly my DW and I purchased ours through Wedsure. We were in a similar situation where we were married during a cruise but we handled everything privately rather than through the cruise line.

Fortunately, our only experience with wedding insurance was purchasing it as everything went smoothly. But it was nice having the peace of mind with insurance that we would at least recover our money if something happened.

Good luck!

It was Wedsafe that we had used.