family verandah on celebrity solstice help please!

ginger123snaps

We are considering booking alaska on the celebrity solstice. I am wondering if the balconies for the family verandas…which still on the side of the ship is too cold to use in Alaska.

Years ago we did a cruise on NCL and we were on the side of the boat and i remember it being cold and having those dividers helped with the wind.

If any of you have sailed in Alaska on the celebrity solstice…in a family veranda cabin..please share your experience…thinking about booking for summer of 2015.

We had a balcony "on the hump" in May. The weather was very chilly, blankets often required. When one has bergy bits floating in the fjord, the temperatures can be very cold.

The balcony on a family view cabin is one of the worst on the ship, very small and restricted.

We are a family of 5. The cabin I'm looking at is at the front of the ship on deck 7. The balcony is off to the side instead of directly in front. DH and I have sailed Alaska before and we know the importance of a balcony there. We are limited with cabin type with a family of 5…and it's more expensive to do two cabins. At the same time we don't want to end up with a balcony that we can't use.

But the room is gigantic with two separate bedrooms. And the balcony on the 8th floor rooms is decent size.

But that second bedroom is like a walk-in closet. We found it very claustrophobic. The main bedroom is huge but the sloped walls can lead to a few bumps and head-aches.

We booked it when it became available for just the two of us. We would not book it again.

However for families options are more limited.