Boudicca, The Grill

We are due to sail on Boudicca later this summer to Norway and have not been on Fred for some time.

I understand that the alternative eating option, the "Grill" is now open, but have found very little information about this new facility on Fred's website.

I would be very grateful to hear if anyone experienced dinner there and if so what are the menu options and quality of the dishes. Also, are there any photographs etc?

However, whilst I appreciate that this is a sore point for many Fred cruisers I hope this doesn't descend into a lengthy discussion about "thin ends of wedges" and "Carnivalisation" etc!

Many thanks in advance.

:)

PSC

We were on Boudicca a few weeks ago, but never used the Grill as a matter of principal did not want to pay the £10 p/p surcharge, we could always eat in the secret garden anyway for no additional cost. We did share a table with someone who used the Grill who found it acceptable, but said at the time they used it there were not many others there, 6 or 7 from memory. It is situated on deck 6 aft by the swimming pool.

Edited by ovccruiser

I have no problem with the concept and will be giving the Grill at least one try In September, although I don't seem to be able to find any details on the menu anywhere.

If anyone has actually dined in the Grill could you please let us know whatever menu and experience was like???? :)

Thanks for your replies, but it seems that nobody has actual experience of dining there.

One point though, I had read that the cost was £10 pp so the pricing must be double on mini-cruises.

Right Mr. Philpot, your mugshot is at the top of the page, and I understand that Fred people lurk in the background on these forums, so please can you provide a little more information on the offering, together with pictures and perhaps even a sample menu?

I enjoy a break from the standard restaurant on ships and appreciate that it's not to everyone's tatse, but it seems odd that little or no marketing has been done.

Many thanks.

PSC

• 2 weeks later...

Fred. Olsen's first-ever 'Grill' Restaurant is new to Boudicca

Boudicca now features a new 'Grill' restaurant on the Lounge Deck 6 around the swimming pool. This is the first of it's kind across the Fred. Olsen fleet and this partially-covered restaurant offers our guests a very special and atmospheric on-deck dining experience.

The Grill serves breakfast and lunch 'a la carte', and for a supplement, guests can book their exclusive place in advance and indulge in a delicious premium menu of grilled specialities, including prime-cut sirloin steaks, seafood dishes and fresh lobster.

If you would like further information please email us at internet@fredolsen.co.uk and we will be happy to help.

Regards

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

grill.jpg.8e73d36ddc0b46e8800f8b8c7ef9936d.jpg

Edited by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines