Late Check-in Request

apdchief

Carnival is requesting a late check-in of 1:30 to 3pm on our cruise this coming Monday on the Splendor out of NY. Has anyone had any experience with these delay requests?

I think we are still going to get there earlier. I am concerned with a large amount of people if we wait until 1:30? Plus we are driving from Massachusetts and I don't want to cut it too close, just in case we have traffic issues.

Thanks

They do that for about half the passenger manifest to control the crowd. Go early, get aboard. It's like a extra 1/2 day aboard the ship when you do.

Edited by BallFour4

If it specifies a reason then know it's going to happen. We encountered this on the Imagination's first cruise in Long Beach.

Usually it's a generic letter for crowd control.

The letter said for "routine tests". I agree with all of you, going at planned time and we will see what happens.

Thanks everyone!!!

I would too. For one cruise, the ship was late returning to port in the morning. We knew about it ahead of time, tracking it from the night before, as they made an emergency stop in Nassau. Even though we knew boarding wouldn't begin until after noon, we still got there before 11:00. We had to check out of the hotel, so where else are we gonna go? McDonalds? No thank you. I'll go to the terminal & get checked in & wait for boarding.

Plenty of times, even when a reason is given for wanting you to show up late, it turns out to be a lie, and they begin boarding at normal times. Carnival has had very little luck trying to get people to show up late, so they've been fabricating reasons why people should show up late. Sometimes it's not a lie, but sometimes it is. They're the cruiseline that cried wolf.

Carnival is requesting a late check-in of 1:30 to 3pm on our cruise this coming Monday on the Splendor out of NY. Has anyone had any experience with these delay requests?

I think we are still going to get there earlier. I am concerned with a large amount of people if we wait until 1:30? Plus we are driving from Massachusetts and I don't want to cut it too close, just in case we have traffic issues.

Thanks

We get those letters before every cruise. After laughing at it, we delete it. And ignore it.

When we sailed from Boston last year, we got to the port at our usual 9:00 am. At 10:55 boarding began. There were fewer than 200 people in the port building. We had a mostly empty ship for over two hours because so many heeded "the letter." In talking with people, we were told that at 1:30, the lines were looong. People were very upset when they heard we were on the ship before 11:00.

Moral of the story: laugh at the letter, delete it, and ignore it.