Self Debark in New Orleans

irishgirl

Trying to figure out my return flights. The only time I've done it was on the Oasis and the Allure and was off the ship by 7:00 am. But that's RCCL and in Ft. Lauderdale.

I was wondering how the self debark on the Dream in New Orleans is. Will I be off the ship in time to meet an 11:00 am flight? My other option is a more expensive 2:05 pm flight then it goes to 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm.

Judy in MI

If the ship docks on time and is cleared early you can probably be off the ship and on Interstate 10 by 8:15 giving you another 45 minutes or so to get to the Louis Armstrong air port. I can see it happening.

Totally doable...IF the ship docks on time. I was on her two weeks ago and my wife and I had FTTF and were off the ship by 7:15am. We went to our car and were home (100 miles away) at 8:38am.

You just have to hope that the ship docks on time. I would risk it.

Good Luck!

You're good with the 11:00 flight. A couple weeks we were off at 7:15 and home for 8 and I live 15 miles past the airport. On a Sunday with not much traffic you'll be at the airport in less than 30 min.

Trying to figure out my return flights. The only time I've done it was on the Oasis and the Allure and was off the ship by 7:00 am. But that's RCCL and in Ft. Lauderdale.

I was wondering how the self debark on the Dream in New Orleans is. Will I be off the ship in time to meet an 11:00 am flight? My other option is a more expensive 2:05 pm flight then it goes to 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm.

Judy in MI

21of the 25 people in my group on the Dream in August are booked on an 11 AM flight home (actually just changed to 11:16 I think). Most of us have trip insurance but not everybody.

Carnival rep told our TA should be no issue if we self debarked, and recommended we have our own transportation waiting.

Fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

21of the 25 people in my group on the Dream in August are booked on an 11 AM flight home (actually just changed to 11:16 I think). Most of us have trip insurance but not everybody.

Carnival rep told our TA should be no issue if we self debarked, and recommended we have our own transportation waiting.

Fingers crossed!!!

I could be wrong, but I heard travel insurance does not pay if you miss a flight that departs before the time the cruise lines gives as a time to book flights afterwards to be safe. Hope everyone makes it, but you might want to check on that to be sure.

Please let me know if everything went well. I plan on booking my flights in August or September.

Judy in Mi

We sail 08/24-08/31.

I looked at policy copy it does not mention that...fingers crossed thanks!