Magic 4B cabin... Need some info.....

LCTXcruiser

Hi all! We have a cabin booked on the magic (2466). Normally I always get a balcony because I'm kind of claustrophobic - but we got a deal that we couldn't refuse on an inside cabin.

How small are these cabins? Are they super cramped? Anyone have a couple of real life pics (not the ones carnival provides)? It's just the two of us, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I know it's silly, but I'm just a little nervous that I'm going to be in something the size of a closet.

Thanks everyone!

I do think that they are fine for 2 people. However, I will not lie to you (like Carnival does) by saying that they are the same size as the indoors part of a balcony. Both are listed at 185 sq.ft. The balcony's indoors part is truly 185. I've measured. But the interior rooms are absolutely not 185. I am totally sure of that. Having measured those also, I came up with 150, give or take a couple feet. On the Magic's sister ship, Dream, we were in an interior, and I visited some new friends in their standard balcony room. I knew their room (indoors only) was way bigger than our room. So when I was told that they were listed at the same size, I was shocked. I knew my perspective couldn't have been that far off, so that's why I measured. Being a math whiz & a big numbers person, I didn't find it difficult or strange to measure. I count everything anyway. It's a simple calculation: length times width, taken from unobstructed points.

After having said all that, I repeat that the 150 sf rooms work fine for 2 people, maybe even 3. But I'll probably never do 4 in a room this size again. Many people who have been diagnosed with claustrophobia have actually had no problems in these rooms. There is no sofa. There simply is no space for one. The Magic is a great ship. I wasn't in the room very much anyway. We had a spa interior, so the decor in these pics will be different from what you will have, but the setup & size will be exactly the same. If these rooms were truly 185 sf, there would be enough space to put a 6'6" sofa lengthwise from the foot of the bed to where the mirror is. There's only about half that amount of space there.

017.jpg

018.jpg

Edited by k2excursion

That's exactly why I booked a porthole! same price as an interior but looked bigger than the other interiors and had a sofa! We booked a balcony on our first cruise and would have loved to have done the same but the balconies and even oceanviews were so much more expensive on the cruise that we're going to take. hopefully before I get the cruise paid off the rates will go down and i'll be able to afford an upgrade?? but right now as it sits we've got a porthole! why?? because the room looked bigger!!

Thank you both so much for the info, and especially for the pics!

I'm thinking along the same lines as you... we're not in the room too much anyway so I think we'll be good. After looking at the pics, it looks like we'll have a little room to walk around, would should be good for me.

I felt weird even asking the question (didn't want to sound like I was complaining) when carnival was basically giving us a free room (271.00 for the both of us for 7 days).

Thanks again for the info! Have a great 4th!