?? on Private Parties in your cabin

Im planning a B-day party in our suite for my sis when we sail FOS next year. It wont be a surprise but i would like our group to come back to our room after dinner (around 10:30 for music, cake and light finger food (our group has late seating).

Has anyone ever ordered food from RCCL while on board for this purpose. If so, what did you order, what is avail, approx prices and what did you think - worth it? Thanks

I always have a party for 20-30 people in our cabin. Your stewart will bring fruit punch, into which you can pour rum (if you have it), or just plain. As for finger sandwiches, those can be ordered by each cabin in time to bring to the party for an assortment. They are free this way. You an also stock up during the day and have them wrapped. It does not have to cost anything to have a party - just plan ahead. Have a great time - I do.

Yes, we usually throw a cocktail party for between 30 and 50 people on our longer cruises. We coordinate with a staff member in cruise relations (Pursers office). We have a bar set up in the cabin, complete with bartender, (set up thru the head bartender) appetizers (both hot and cold) thru Food & Beverage. We pay for any liquor, wine and soft drinks that the ships stores provide, give a generous tip to the bartender, and pay a small but reasonable fee for the food.

I realize that we could spend less if we did it differently, we just choose to do it this way.

Rick

Thanks for the info guys. I will try an coordinate with Pursers office when I get on board. I'll probably bring my own chips and cracker but if they provide dips and light finger food upon request, that would be great. Thanks

Bev,

If you are in a suite, you don't need to go to the Purser's Desk. Just ask the concierge and he/she will assist you with all the details. They've done it many times and can offer some great suggestions.

Archived