If you had a choice......What would you do?

Me too here.

For our Canada/New England in Sep/Oct 2015, we will be in an oceanview. First cruise without a balcony, too cold!

But still keeping our finger crossed for the upgrade fairies.... ... :)

Cold is relative (I see that you're from Indonesia), but it's not usually that cold in New England that time of year.

If I had to choose between inside and doing something else, I would do something else. OV I can handle, but I would go for my idea of quality over quantity and and book at least a blacony, more often a JS or better.

Edited by critterchick

Cruise 2 to 3 times per year and do an inside cabin. The times that I have chose an inside cabin, was not a big deal. I was never in my room. The only time I book an outside cabin or a balcony is when the price differential is not that much.

We did our first cruise last year. We got a crazy good deal on a balcony cabin. Now, we can't ever do anything other than a balcony... totally spoiled!!!! For us, we like to vacation once a year and go big. : ) Next year, we'll be on the Oasis on a Boardwalk Balcony.

We use to get an inside cabin for many yrs. but now always go for the balcony. We cruised on Oasis last Jan. And had a boardwalk balcony , since the outsides were too expensive and loved it! We will cruise again on the Oasis this Jan. And get a Central Park balcony. But I would go more often and get an inside if given the choice. We just can't go that often due to work.

I book my cruises as soon as Royal releases their schedule. An aft balcony is a must for us. Corner aft if possible. If they are not available then we pick a different week. Love lounging off the back of the boat.

Shelton

Same for us! We do have a PR booked in August on the Navigator just because we are curious about what they are like but our favorite is an aft balcony and we book early to get one. We have been in one regular inside cabin and would not do it again. When FIL was alive and traveling with us we had an accessible inside and that wasn't bad because it had more room but we are now definitely balcony snobs.

We definitely would pick 3 in a balcony over one in a suite.