Confused

Lucia11

My husband and I are river cruise shopping for fall of 2015. We have never taken any type of cruise, having preferred doing our own thing. After several weeks of research, it seems that river cruising may be a good fit. As of today we have it narrowed down to two cruises on the Danube. Here's the dilemma: The itinerary on the Scenic cruise is more appealing than the cruise with Uniworld. The cruise with Scenic is Gems of the Danube on their new ship, Jasper. The one with Uniworld is Enchanting Danube on one of their older ships, Beatrice. We don't know whether to go with more appealing itinerary and newer ship. Or go with Uniworld because it seems to be the better cruise line. I would appreciate any feedback from all of you seasoned river cruisers.

I have a future Uniworld cruise booked, and have heard a lot about Scenic. Without any first-hand experience, I'd say go with the itinerary that appeals to you most. Both cruise lines are top-notch.

Thanks for your reply, it's the way I'm leaning. Only one thing holding me back, Scenic gets several negative reviews. And so far I've experienced their lackluster customer service first hand......it took over three hours to contact them the other day, same for the travel agent who tried on our behalf the next day. Honestly, I was put off by that experience and very frustrated, to stay the least. :( Whereas, I haven't read many negatives regarding Uniworld and I have read a lot. We will most likely opt for the itinerary that appeals to us the most, but I have to admit that it will de done with some trepidation. I wish you a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise with Uniword. Thanks again for your help.

We did our first river cruise last year and loved it. We have been on many other cruises and are particularly fond of small ship cruises (less than 200 people). It was the Enchanting Danube on Uniworld. The River Beatrice is a lovely ship and I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just because it is a few years old, you'd never know it. It is very well maintained. We will be doing The SS Antoinette on the Rhine next May. I have found Uniworld to be a very reputable and easy to work with company. I also enjoyed the itinerary very much. Good luck on making your decision.

My husband and I are river cruise shopping for fall of 2015. We have never taken any type of cruise, having preferred doing our own thing. After several weeks of research, it seems that river cruising may be a good fit. As of today we have it narrowed down to two cruises on the Danube. Here's the dilemma: The itinerary on the Scenic cruise is more appealing than the cruise with Uniworld. The cruise with Scenic is Gems of the Danube on their new ship, Jasper. The one with Uniworld is Enchanting Danube on one of their older ships, Beatrice. We don't know whether to go with more appealing itinerary and newer ship. Or go with Uniworld because it seems to be the better cruise line. I would appreciate any feedback from all of you seasoned river cruisers.

Howdy there Lucia11 and this is LoneStarCruisinCouple,Lisa and Gary from Sugar Land,Texas and you aren't alone in your quest.

We as well had a delima as we are taking our first ever River Cruise September of 2015 and originally booked with Viking. However in doing some down right looking and seeing what is out there went with Scenic. All I can say is for The Same Type of Cabin and The Same Time of Year and the Same Itinerary we are saving now get this close to $10,000 dollars by switching and going with Scenic. On top of that you get all these Perks as to a Limo and Chauffeur picking you up at the airport and taking you to the ship and Visa Versa. A Private Butler, Unlimited Laundry, Daily restocking of your Bar with Wine , Beer, and Top Shelf Alcohol, Fresh Fruit Bowl and so it goes. We are booked into a Royal Panorama Suite and doing a 15 Day Jewels of Europe Amsterdam to Budapest and on a Brand New Ship called The Opal September 2,2015. Can't wait as all I can say is it is going to Be All For Fun and Fun For All Loungin" Laughin" and enjoying those Tasty Libations out on The Sun Deck By The POOL. Yes even has a POOL.

Looking forward as Scenic is an Australian Company and is normally filled with mainly Aussie's and Canadians and a Few Americans but I have lived in Australia and all I can say is I am looking forward to as Those Folks really know how to enjoy life.

It's going to be a FUNTASTIC time and so looking forward to making new and wonderful Friends.

Take Care

Lone Star

AKA Gary:rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback. We are now leaning toward the Uniworld cruise. The more I continue to read, the more leery I am about going with Scenic. And Whatnot, I came across your post regarding getting from Passau to Prague. Great to know it can be done with a stop in Cesky Krumlov. Thanks to all.