My AMAZING Birthday Cruise on The Valor June 8-15

teetee6263

I always freak out about that (not making the ship)! Again, big ups to you for continuing to go outside your comfort zone! So looking forward to the rest!

I wasn't worried about not making the ship, I knew we had time to spare & trust me someone on that beach would have taken us back... either that or I would've gotten a free ride to the jail. I was just pissed, because I thought I was gonna have to miss Timothy & not have shopping time.

Onboard time was at 5:30 & the past guest party was at 5, really Carnival??? I didn’t get back on until 5, but there was no way I was gonna completely miss the party. I made it for the last 15 minutes & got 1 drink out it, but that’s OK because I was still feeling that drunken monkey. Dinner tonight was back in the MDR, I had another one of my favorites Lasagna Bolognese & for dessert Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cake, topped off with the shot of the day…don’t remember what it was but I didn’t have that color glass in my collection….so I had to order one. I’m really not sure what I did after dinner, because I know I wanted to go to the Ivanhoe Theater for In the Bag & 60 seconds or less, but didn’t make it. At some point during the evening the BFF & I run into two slightly tipsy ladies on the stairs or I should say they ran into me. Well the tipsier one was admiring my tattoos & then told us they were with a group of GLBT’s & had the best drink at Jeannes Wine Bar & we should go try it. Said to the bartender we were with them to get a 10% off. I’m sure you guessed I’m not one to pass on a good drink so we went, it was a Passionfruit Pomegranite Martini & yes it was very good. SIDEBAR…BFF is very homophobic, doesn’t hate them just scared of them (please dont ask why because my only explaintion is shes a weirdo…also afraid of cats, after having them for years growing up, yep weirdo) My honey calls us lesbian lovers because we are so close & he knows it drives her crazy. Anyway were at the bar & she swears people are looking at us…and according to her my tats make me look like a lesbian, so naturally being the best friend that I am, I put my arm around her…she damn near passed out, grabbed her drink & ran for the elevator. LMAO!!!! I guess that was too much excitement for her because she called it a night. I went to the Game of Love show, because the other friend had never seen it. It was funny & predictable if you’ve seen it before. Again not sure what I did after that, but I ended the night with a Midnight ice cream cone.

DSCN7862.JPG

My 1 free past guest party drink

DSCN7864.JPG

Lasagna Bolognese

DSCN7866.JPG

Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cake

DSCN7867.JPG

Never saw this color before

DSCN7879.JPG

Passionfruit Pomegranite Martini...we got it to go, so she put it these glasses

DSCN7887.JPG

Midnight Ice Cream

I wasn't worried about not making the ship, I knew we had time to spare & trust me someone on that beach would have taken us back... either that or I would've gotten a free ride to the jail. I was just pissed, because I thought I was gonna have to miss Timothy & not have shopping time.

I get that, totally. "In time" being relative, lol

Can't wait for more! You inspired me to finish my scrapbook of this trip too!

Thanks for the fun to read review. We were on the Valor out of Miami a couple of years ago. I was looking for a review to read, 'just because.' I've passed by the thread several times, but today I said, let me read this one since the ship is familiar to me.

I'm really enjoying your adventure and your humor. You made a good choice in St. Lucia. The group we cruised with on the Miracle used Spencer Ambrose and regretted it. It was nothing like what you experienced. Your day sounded great.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks for the fun to read review. We were on the Valor out of Miami a couple of years ago. I was looking for a review to read, 'just because.' I've passed by the thread several times, but today I said, let me read this one since the ship is familiar to me.

I'm really enjoying your adventure and your humor. You made a good choice in St. Lucia. The group we cruised with on the Miracle used Spencer Ambrose and regretted it. It was nothing like what you experienced. Your day sounded great.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Hi Delta Dear :)Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying it. I know you were looking forward to your Pride cruise before it got canceled; did you rebook anything?

I get that, totally. "In time" being relative, lol

Can't wait for more! You inspired me to finish my scrapbook of this trip too!

I'm glad I inspired you to finish...I have 7 unfinished scrapbooks & yet to start this one, I need some inspiration myself.:D Thinking I should start with the one from 2010...:eek:

This is another day I was looking forward to, I was doing on a tour with Bernard’s tours solo. I had to be off the ship & meet Bernard at 8:30, so I enjoyed an early morning breakfast on lido before heading out. The sky was grey & looked like rain, but it only lightly drizzled for about 10 minutes. We weren’t leaving until 9, so I looked around in some of the shops until it was time to go. Bernard has 2 tours….one is sightseeing,shopping & beach and the other sightseeing & shopping. I did the sightseeing with beach, our driver was The Mailman & he was great. We started out on the Dutch side, went to the French side & then returned back to the Dutch. We stopped at a protected nature sight, I really really really surprised myself by holding a sea urchin. Next we went to Orient Beach, the beach its self is beautiful but the weather wasn’t. I tried to get in the water but it was really rough & a little to cool for me. While on the beach I saw a few topless woman, that at least had the bodies to go topless. Now a little further down on the nude side, I saw a lot of full nudity & they by no means should have left the suits home. There’s a sign at the entrance that says no photographs, however I did witness people taking some. I respectfully did not, but have those images in my head that will never go away. And to think I stay trying to lose wait to look decent in my swimsuits. Then we went to the open market in Marigot, the French capitol. While there I stopped to Sarafina’s Bakery & got the best pastries ever. There was so much to choose from & everything looked so good. I was like a kid in a candy store & couldn’t decide what to get, so I got a coffee éclair, pomegranate beignet & a croissant…OMG all delicious!!! Afterwards we cross the French Dutch border & head for Maho Beach. Maho is actually a lot smaller than I thought & I really don’t see the excitement of being sand blasted, but it’s the touristy thing to do & I am a tourist. Well I didn’t actually get sand blasted, but I did take a picture of a plane landing. I grow up right outside of JFK & planes flew over the house all day everday, so it was really no big deal to me. Then it was back to the cruise terminal, where I did my shopping & ending a nice day with a refreshing Guava Berry Colada.

DSCN7894.JPG

DSCN7910.JPG

Sea Urchin

DSCN7907.JPG

The black sea urchin is dangerous, so The Mailman handled it

DSCN7916.JPG

Orient Beach...look how pretty the water is & grey the sky is

DSCN7922.JPG

Note sure what this is about, but it looks cute

I'm glad I inspired you to finish...I have 7 unfinished scrapbooks & yet to start this one, I need some inspiration myself.:D Thinking I should start with the one from 2010...:eek:

hahaha! It took me 4 years to get caught up from my first in 2010. I give you the will :) I got 1/2 way done and then ran out of room. I hate opening up the spine to ad more pages so I figured I would do it tomorrow :)

DSCN7962.JPG

lYI-GzHSkwIB0m3nok1MsBMjz6h95FCKAbnNrSl9E3U=w415-h553-no

Nice way to end a great day!!

Onboard time was 4:30 & I managed to get back on at 4. At 5:00 it was time for the super sail away party, as we sadly set sail for San Juan. It must’ve been around 5:30 when I decided to have a little snack, even though dinner was in a ½ hour. You see my last cruise was on the Glory & my next is on the Sunshine & with the 2.0 upgrades there are no more delicious chicken nuggets & cheese fries on Lido, so I had it order them while I had the opportunity. Now its time for dinner & my eyes were bigger than my stomach, but more of my favorites are on the menu. New England Crab Cake, Bacon Mac n Cheese & Grand Marnier Soufflé. After dinner it was pure madness for me; I had to pack, pack & repack…I bought way too many bottles & had the hardest time getting my bags under weight. Unfortunately that’s how I spent the most of my last evening. I did take a break to go to the Win a Cruise Raffle drawing, that I didn’t win…oh well next time. After finally getting my bags in order & in the hall by 11:00, I worked up an appetite. I headed up to Lido for one last pizza & DOD before calling it a night.

IMG_6501.JPG

New England Crab Cake

IMG_6503.JPG

Bacon Mac n Cheese

IMG_6504.JPG

Grand Marnier Soufflé

Edited by teetee6263

Hi Delta Dear :)Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying it. I know you were looking forward to your Pride cruise before it got canceled; did you rebook anything?

Hi Tee Tee, You know I didn't pay attention to the name when I started reading yesterday, but as I saw your picture, I remembered that I'd read your other reviews. Glad to see you again.

Yes, I was very disappointed about the Pride but I did book the Freedom for 12-13-14 from FLL (son still lives in Hollywood, FL so we'll spend a couple of days with them.) Going to St.Kitts, St. Maarten (been to both) San Juan and Grand Turk (new to us.) Being on a ship near Christmas should be fun.

Did you have to post those pastries ???? I saw those and want something better than my bowl of corn flakes this morning for breakfast. My mouth is drooling.

Keep writing ! I think I'll go back and read your other reviews again. I need an escape. LOL

Loved the review!!!

What an amazing and fun review this is. I am really enjoying it. I really would like to do this same itinerary so I was happy to read about all the tours and things you experienced at these ports.

Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying it. It really is a great itinerary, everyone should do it at least once. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Edited by teetee6263

Any luck on posting the Funtimes...would love to take a peak at them.... thanks in advance..... great review.... taking notes on my trip in 5 weeks

Thanks for reading.:) Yes I did find the Fun Times & will try to get them scanned & posted with the rest of the review by the end of the week.

Hi Tee Tee, You know I didn't pay attention to the name when I started reading yesterday, but as I saw your picture, I remembered that I'd read your other reviews. Glad to see you again.

Yes, I was very disappointed about the Pride but I did book the Freedom for 12-13-14 from FLL (son still lives in Hollywood, FL so we'll spend a couple of days with them.) Going to St.Kitts, St. Maarten (been to both) San Juan and Grand Turk (new to us.) Being on a ship near Christmas should be fun.

Did you have to post those pastries ???? I saw those and want something better than my bowl of corn flakes this morning for breakfast. My mouth is drooling.

Keep writing ! I think I'll go back and read your other reviews again. I need an escape. LOL

Lol, its me back at it. Yes I think sailing around Christmas time should be nice, the ship should already decorated by then. Hopefully soon I get to do a Christmas or New Years cruise.

Everytime I think about those pastries I just wanna get back on the ship and head back to St Maarten.

I'm trying to finish this one up, before I start forgetting details. I just booked a last minute cruise to Canada on the 31st for my mother's retirement, so I really do need to hurry up. No way I can remember 2 cruises at once. I'll end up talking about Canada's white sandy beaches:D

Great review and pics, It brought memories of my Valor cruise I did last Oct. I did the same tours you did. I had planned to write a review, but never got around to writing it.

By the way you look familiar to me, and I live by JFK. lol!!