Moorish Delights Question

Hi all

We are off on the Dream on the moorish delights on the 16 th August, can anyone help with info on DIY trips for Gibraltar, Cassablanca, Cadiz, Motril and Cartagena. Any help would be great, we prefer to DIY but perhaps we might need to do a trip in Cassablanca! Thanks everyone.

Gibraltar is very easy to do yourself. Just walk out of the port along the road, and into the main town area. Not far either to the cable car.

Cartagena is also an easy one to do yourself. You dock right in the main part of the town. In 5 minutes your in the centre of Cartagena itself.

Can't help with Motril or Cadiz I'm afraid as I've never done them, although from what people say about Motril, going somewhere else from here is probably advised. I think there's a nice resort just along the coast that has been mentioned on here previously. Nerja is a very nice resort too, about 30 minutes away.

For Casablanca, I'd definitely recommend an excursion. We did the Rabat trip which I can highly recommend. Fantastic trip, and a really nice city. I know many others on here have done that trip also and enjoyed it. Much better than staying in Casablanca itself.

If you do a search using the tab top right on the threads table for Motril recent threads will come up which you can open. On one campolady did an excellent and informative post about Motril. I'm sure that will give you the info you need for that port of call.

Agree with Sailaway - Cartegena and Gib both easy DiY also Cadiz where you berth right in the old town and just walk off. Nice beach, good promenade round the promontory and a lovely place to visit.

And yes a trip from Casablanca is to be recommended. It just didn't L very up to the glamorous, exotic and romantic image I had of it - far from it in fact so best take an excursion here.

Yes we took sailaway's advice and booked the trip to Rabat and it was very good. Just take some tissues with you in case you need to use the loo :eek:

When we went to Cadiz, it was raining, so just had a wander round, but there is a hoho bus, which we had intended to do, but as I have said, it was too wet.

Cartengena - visit the castle and the amphitheatre, also a very nice city centre.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Cadiz is an interesting city which we did ourselves no problem. Extensive city walls cathedral old town. Just do a little google research.

Casablanca we enjoyed this on our own getting the shuttle in to the City centre. We liked the old town and market and wandered through the back streets to the very impressive Mosque. As none Moslems we couldn't go inside independently which was a disappointment but the locals were very friendly and interested in us. Don't expect there to be bars or cafés there aren't any in the old town. Seeing the day to day life of the locals shopping kids coming out of school butchers shops etc was great. We weren't interested in Ricks Bar etc even though I loved the film. Jean

Hi patcf

We are sailing on that date too and were wondering about the trips. We have been to Gibraltar before so know that is easy from the ship on your own but not sure about other ports.

Alan and Catherine