Hollywood in Hawaii - Movies & Waterfalls on RCI

spyke5

Having a hard time also getting any information on this tour. It looks like Roberts Hawaii tour and of course you can't book with them if they are doing the ship tour.

Has anybody done this excursion from a ship lately and if so what are your recommendations? I can see the reviews for Roberts on trip advisor but can not be sure if it is the same and would hate to book something without knowing if they are worth the cost and time.

Thanks ahead for any information. Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah my wife and I just did this excursion in April. We did have a Roberts tour. It is a lot of interesting sites. The highlights for us were the Elvis's Blue Hawaii hotel the Coco Palms and the South Pacific pier and beach. The lunch was good and the Mai Tais you can purchase with it were refreshing.

There is information in other posts on this board plus go to tripadvisor.com.

Have fun.

here's a link to my review of our Hawaiian cruise in 2012/13 (actually our third time doing this itinerary) and post #139 starts our day in Kauai on 12/26/13 and our Movies and Waterfalls tour (which we enjoyed):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1763342&page=7

Yes, they use Roberts. I'm not sure how the recent fire at the Coco Palms will affect that particular stop, though.

here's a link to my review of our Hawaiian cruise in 2012/13 (actually our third time doing this itinerary) and post #139 starts our day in Kauai on 12/26/13 .

You failed to say all the way to #172. That is one heck of a review. Now I need go back to read all the rest of it. Very nicely done. It looks like a good way to see a great amount of things in one tour and I like that.

Thank you all for responding to this and helping me choose an excursion.

Mark

here's a link to my review of our Hawaiian cruise in 2012/13 (actually our third time doing this itinerary) and post #139 starts our day in Kauai on 12/26/13 and our Movies and Waterfalls tour (which we enjoyed):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1763342&page=7

Yes' date=' they use Roberts. I'm not sure how the recent fire at the Coco Palms will affect that particular stop, though.[/quote']

We just read the news article about the fire at Coco Palms. That is so sad. From the footage we could see the giant conch shell the was hanging from the breezeway on fire. Now the wife wants to go back and stay if and when it is rebuilt. Just one more reason to go back to Hawaii and that is not a bad thing.