what color shoes....

rachie

i found a brown dress for the second formal night...

the dress is a "gauzy" mud brown with simple same colored sequined embellishments around the neckline. but...what color shoes?????

brown slides are hard to find.....but green?? gold?? cooper??

if anyone has ever worn a brown dressy dress, please...what color shoes did you wear?

thanks.

Bronze or gold metallic would be great. Copper might work well, or if the wrong shade of copper for the dress, could be totally off. A green metalic could work well, but again, the wrong shade of green will look awful. I think that metallic green would be one of those serendipitous finds that you could never plan.

A multi snakeskin sandal in shades of browns, beiges and tans would also look great.

Jane

You'd be surprised how easy it is to find brown shoes. I bought a formal dress in brown last year and I thought I would have to hunt high/low for matching shoes but at the first store I shopped I found lovely brown satin strappy shoes with beading that matched perfectly. I would keep your mind open to both brown or metallic shoes but make sure the shoes aren't too striking or they will stand out on their own and nobody will notice the dress. They should blend with the dress not compete with it is my advice. Happy Sailing!

Archived