Harrison's Cave

jillba

Just back from AOS and we visited Harrision's cave and I know alot of people have been asking if it is open so I asked one of the guides and she said they will be closing for renovations but they have no set date to do so. She said they will most likely wait until after the next busy season. Hope that helps

We absolutely LOVED the caves... I am not one to do anything educational on a vacation :) This one was great and the pictures we got were fantastic. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying themselves touring the caves.. Give it a shot :)

Does anyone know what time in the morning Harrison's Cave opens and how long it would take to do the tour? Think we could do it from 8am-11am included travel to/from the pier? Going Oct 16-23 on the Carnival Destiny.

We did a private tour through Glory Tours (Best of Barbados) and they timed it perfect so we got there before the ship's buses arrived right when they opened. I think it's 10am if I'm not mistaken. What an awesome day! I don't think you could be back to the ship by 11am though unfortunately.

Harrison's is one of the 12 "wet" caves in the world.

If you've been to the Glow-Worm Caves in New Zealand, you will be disappointed with Harrison's. If you haven't, chances are that you will enjoy it.

Of our dozens of guests that stay in our home each year, 75% love it; 25% are ho-hum.

We have been there so many times I can't count, but we still find solitude and beauty in this gift from God.

Chances are you'll be rewarded with your visit.

Thank you so much for your interest in Barbados. Our best wishes are with you for a wonderful visit and perhaps a longer stay. :) :) :)

Hi Everyone

Caves are still up and running as I mentioned on another Thread I will post a message on the Board as soon as we are given notice that they are closeing.

They have promised us a few months notice

Best Regards

Sarah

We did a private tour through Glory Tours (Best of Barbados) and they timed it perfect so we got there before the ship's buses arrived right when they opened. I think it's 10am if I'm not mistaken. What an awesome day! I don't think you could be back to the ship by 11am though unfortunately.

This past week (Thursday) we were in Barbados and visited the caves.

We also used Glory Tours (which is also the company Shore Trips uses) and loved it.

We were the first tour of the day, which was great because just as we were leaving the larger tour buses began rolling in.

There's a small movie before the tour begins (about 5 minutes). I think the rest of the tour is kind of what you make it. They discuss the rock formations and educational aspect of the caves, but if you're not interested you could always sit in the back and enjoy the beauty - if that's what you wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

My hubby and I would like to see Harrison's Cave...

Unfortunally the Best of Barbados Tour is not offered the day we are in port.

So we were thinking about taking a taxi ride to the Cave. Frommer's says the taxi would cost about $30 (US not B). Is that right?

We rented a taxi for the day, toured the island went to the Cave (very nice) and then went to a resort for lunch and beach time. The driver picked us up and took us back to the ship. It was about $100.00 for 4 for the whole day, but this was several years ago.

Archived