Let Us Serve You Reception

Hi everyone... I am getting married on the Carnival Sensation on 11/20/2014 booked for a embarkation wedding. I am scheduled to have the Let Us Serve You package. Wondering if any past or future brides had an insight on how the reception is done? I would gladly appreciate the info

I am scheduled for the same package on January 25, 2015. From what I have gathered you will go from your ceremony venue into the forward dining room for your dinner/reception. You will not have the option of entertainment. We are hoping to have our ceremony in the Oak Room right outside of the dining room to limit the walking my future mother in law will have to do with her knees.

What has me a bit questionable is if I can atleast have music playing during the reception... or even what can be done during the reception I understand no dancing and stuff.

To the best of my knowledge, no. Although I suppose nothing would stop you from bringing an IPod with a speaker Dock. I have considered a small speaker dock for my phone with gentle music.

To the best of my knowledge, no. Although I suppose nothing would stop you from bringing an IPod with a speaker Dock. I have considered a small speaker dock for my phone with gentle music.

Sounds like a great idea. Am just thinking it will be crazy quiet while everyone eat... maybe I should have choosen a different package.

I chose this package because our parents are older and would not be thrilled with a night club/DJ type setting. Also because we wanted to keep it very small with only our immediate families in attendance. I think the package is excellent for a small group but I can see the drawbacks for those wanting a more tradtional type reception.

I chose this package because our parents are older and would not be thrilled with a night club/DJ type setting. Also because we wanted to keep it very small with only our immediate families in attendance. I think the package is excellent for a small group but I can see the drawbacks for those wanting a more tradtional type reception.

They will let you switch packages if there is room on the schedule for it. We were going to go with the Let Us Serve You but changed it to the Celebrate Big, which is a one hour reception. We are bringing our own music and don't really intend to have dancing....aside from our first dance...although I suppose if anybody wants to dance we won't stop them. We are an older couple and most of our guests are older as well. We each have a grown daughter and son-in-law so the four of them and two of us was going to be the extent of our wedding, but then others started saying they would love to attend, if not sail, and we decided to change the package, and we now have 22 guests, which is a good number, all family and very close friends. Anyway, we chose the one hour reception because most of our guests are not sailing and it seemed more considerate to let our guests head for home a little earlier (5-6 hour drive for most of them).

They will let you switch packages if there is room on the schedule for it. We were going to go with the Let Us Serve You but changed it to the Celebrate Big, which is a one hour reception. We are bringing our own music and don't really intend to have dancing....aside from our first dance...although I suppose if anybody wants to dance we won't stop them. We are an older couple and most of our guests are older as well. We each have a grown daughter and son-in-law so the four of them and two of us was going to be the extent of our wedding, but then others started saying they would love to attend, if not sail, and we decided to change the package, and we now have 22 guests, which is a good number, all family and very close friends. Anyway, we chose the one hour reception because most of our guests are not sailing and it seemed more considerate to let our guests head for home a little earlier (5-6 hour drive for most of them).

We decided to welcome our friends and family to cruise with us but to keep our ceremony to our parents and my adult children. It is simply what works for us. Also my future husband is definitely not interested in a first dance. :)

For me I think the pace of the Let Us Serve you will be more leisurely with plenty of time for conversation and toasts. Exactly our style. We planned dinner with our friends and family who are cruising and then will do a dinner in Nashville, TN, Chicago, IL, and Indianapolis, IN when we return for our friends and family in those locations.

• 5 months later...

We are going back and forth between this and Celebrate Big. We are doing just family with no more than 50 total guests. Our guests will be older so I know there won't be a lot of dancing. Those cruising with us will have the rest of the week to do it up I suppose. I only wish we could have light mood music.

I do want floral centerpieces on all of the tables.

I am SOOO looking forward to that review! I'm getting married August 16, 2015 on the carnival dream with the luncheon to follow. There dont seem to be many people who choose this one. Everyone always does the normal reception thing.

Exactly why I wanted to do a review. There isn't much information for those wishing to do the luncheon so I want there to at least be one out there.

Will they be decorating the tables for ya'll?

Also, I just realized (only because my parents were bummed out) that the groom and I wouldn't be having a first dance. I wonder if it's impossible to do with this package... I would think so but idk

They are placing the menu cards I had printed on the tables for me. As for the first dance.... they don't provide for that, however there has been discussion of taking an iPod and speaker for background music so that is something to consider. For us a dance simply isn't important.

• 4 weeks later...