FTTF Review Dream 6/29

mark316

This is a breakdown of my first experience using FTTF. I know some other experiences are better or worse but incase anyone was wondering, this is what I experienced. I did do my research prior to booking FTTF last Christmas. Any questions please let me know.

EMBARKATION

Arrived at the Port of NO around 10:25 knowing that FTTF boarding would start around 11:00. Parking was easy ($112) and when we pulled into the structure, Carnival had plenty of porters helping and taking bags. Our porter took our things and stated “your bags will be delivered to your cabin in about an hour.” Using common sense, I knew that wasn’t going to happen but would be happy if they were there by 1:00. As it turned out, they arrived sometime between 2:30 and 3:00 along with others on our floor (deck 9).

When we arrived in the terminal, we were pushed all the way up to check in and within 10 minutes we were in our seats waiting to be called to board… this was great. When the time came to board (around 11:10), they called anyone needing assistance (handicap) first. Then, Diamond and Platinum next. We figured we were next, as it turned out they called FTTF and ZONE 1 can board. Almost everyone that had checked in were ZONE1. We ended up in the back of the pack. So much for boarding before the general public.

SHIP

When we finally boarded we were able to go straight to our room which was ready.

Whenever I had to go to Guest Services there was no more than 1 person in front of me. The regular line always had at least 8 people waiting.

TENDERING

We did stop in the Cayman Islands which required to be tendered. We arrived in port at 9a and our excursion left at 10:45. I wanted to get off the ship early and explore but Guest Services said we had to meet in one of the lounges at 10:00 (which was printed on my excursion tickets) so our excursion group could tender together. When we left the lounge, we were in with everyone else that was leaving the ship. So much for taking advantage of “Priority Tendering.”

DEBARKATION

We arrived back in NO before 8a and an announcement came across around 7:15 stating ANYONE that wanted to do self assist (taking all your bags yourself) can debark the ship. They tried to do it by floor but I don’t think it was working.

LASTLY

I did go to Guest Services to complain and advise about everything that I am posting (on day 5) . I did tell them the good and the bad. The Guest Services employee took my information and I was contacted early the next morning. After being apologized to, I was offered and accepted a FULL refund for both of my rooms (kids in the other room). For this I applauded Carnival for making the offer.

I hope this helps anyone considering FTTF. For me, I still may consider it on my next cruise.

We had a similar experience with it in May. Our luggage was not delivered until we were at muster.

However, I did not complain about it and the next day studying my folio on the TV it showed it had been refunded. So we got early embarkation and our room ready for no charge.

We did not have any tender ports, but we used that feature in Belize last year on the Conquest and it worked wonderfully.

The Dream out of NOLA is a nice ship, but it felt like the crew was phoning it in for a majority of the cruise, especially the entertainment and guest services staff.