Transferring from TA to Royal

I am currently booked with a TA (purchased the cruise through a big box warehouse store) since the price was cheaper and got an amazing balcony for my upcoming Alaska cruise. Did some research and found that some of it's subsidiary companies have complaints of double charging and not actually reserving what the person paid for. Though I'm booked through the parent company, I'm a little concerned that come final payment, they'll charge me but won't give the money to Royal. I have the money to completely pay the cruise off now, but once again, I'm afraid they will charge me a second time at final payment.

Was wondering if there is a way to transfer my reservation from the TA to Royal directly?

I did a search and came up with only one item from several years ago. I prefer to book directly with the cruise line but it was close to a $500 savings with the TA.

The TA has to be willing to release it back to RCL. Just because you've read of other issues with other parts of the company is not reason enough to transfer back. If you are able to accomplish this, any and all perks including their pricing will not go with you.

RCL seems to have a habit now or re-pricing anything that has a change so you can expect to pay current pricing and then have to argue with them again. If the pricing you have was in a group held by that company you will not be able to keep it.

And the TA may very well have a cancellation fee that you will be obligated to pay.

I just had to do this with my cruise that I have booked for August. TA screwed me big time and I didn't even sail yet. We choose to actually go with an agent that we have used in the past only because I trusted her. I didn't want to go with RC because they really were not any help in my situation and if my extended family wasn't booked on this cruise also I would have canceled the cruise because of the way I was treated from my original agent and RC. I did lose money and perks but the new agent was able to get us some perks so in the long run it wasn't so bad. I also wrote a letter to RC because on the original TA's website they have a picture of the Senior Vice President of Sales with a recommendation to use this booking agent. I'm sure it will be put on a pay no mind pile but I thought I would try anyway.

BTW...my experience I wouldn't pay in full until your due date if the price of the cruise drops you can get a price adjustment and if you pay in full then you have to wait for them to refund you money. Our cruise 2 years ago dropped its prices by $800 and it took us over 2 months to get my money back. Another thing we have learned from a past cruise. This is just my opinion and experience.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by MMFM3

I am currently booked with a TA (purchased the cruise through a big box warehouse store) since the price was cheaper and got an amazing balcony for my upcoming Alaska cruise. Did some research and found that some of it's subsidiary companies have complaints of double charging and not actually reserving what the person paid for. Though I'm booked through the parent company, I'm a little concerned that come final payment, they'll charge me but won't give the money to Royal. I have the money to completely pay the cruise off now, but once again, I'm afraid they will charge me a second time at final payment.

Was wondering if there is a way to transfer my reservation from the TA to Royal directly?

I did a search and came up with only one item from several years ago. I prefer to book directly with the cruise line but it was close to a $500 savings with the TA.

For $500 I would stay where I am just make sure you have Insurance.