Booking after cruise flight- HELP

Kao2293

Hey everyone,

I am booking my flights soon. Our boat docks in FLL at 8:00 am. There are flights at 9:45 am and 1:00 pm. I would like to do the 9:45 am. Does that give me enough time from dock to airport? I hope to take luggage off the ship ourselves to make it quicker. The only thing turning me away from the 1:00 pm flight is a 7 hr layover in NY before getting back to OH.

Thanks for your input!

It is at most a 10 minute drive from PE to FLL by taxi. So, that isn't the problem. When we cruised into FLL last Dec, we were off the ship and through customs by 0720 (we were F2F and did carryoff). So with this, the 0945 should work for you. However, if the ship is late or if security at FLL is long, you may miss the flight. What you have to look into is if you can't make the 0945 flight, what will it cost to move to the later one.

Steve

Thank you so much for the fast reply! I will go with the 1:00 to be safe. Always better safe than sorry. How did you get from dock to airport? Did you use carnival services?

I would totally do the later flight. I used to fly to FLL to go to Miami (I fly to Miami now). FLL is a very small airport. It's very easy process there. If you are flying AirTran or Southwest, there is a Chill's so you can eat lunch there. There isn't much to do there, but 9:45 is just too soon. The boat docks at 8, but you don't immediately get off at 8. It took us an hour to get off the Fantasy.