Free Upgrade-Cove to Spa, should I???

I was really happy with my Cove selection, but now the price has dropped so much on my Breeze sailing next month that they just offerend me a Spa for the same price, they have either floor 11 or 12.

I know nothing about Spa Balconies, and I am not a spa person per sey. Should I do it??

What is above/below these cabins?? Are they loud?? I've stayed on 12 on Oasis, but that ship is so large that movement wasn't an issue. Will movement be a problem on 11 or 12 on Breeze??

HELP!!

Thanks!:D

The question for me is... Will you use the Spa services provided to the cabin?

First off do you smoke? No smoking on spa balconies

Just off Splendor, went from inside to Spa Balcony paid upgrade but I used the pools, steam room, thermal rooms etc. I did not PAY for any other spa service. There was nothing different from a regular balcony room other then vials of the spa shampoo (forget the name need to ask DW) and a sent spray.

Deck 11 had so few cabins I hardly saw any house keeping staff other then when he introduced himself.

Another question is do you use your balcony?

On the Splendor, deck 11 balconies have no cover and people on deck 12 in the Serenity area can look down right onto you. I don't know about your ship.

Overall I went for it and enjoyed it, since the upgrade was paid for by OBC price reductions for me it was a freebie. Would I PAY for a spa balcony... Nope.

FWIW

I was really happy with my Cove selection, but now the price has dropped so much on my Breeze sailing next month that they just offerend me a Spa for the same price, they have either floor 11 or 12.

I know nothing about Spa Balconies, and I am not a spa person per sey. Should I do it??

What is above/below these cabins?? Are they loud?? I've stayed on 12 on Oasis, but that ship is so large that movement wasn't an issue. Will movement be a problem on 11 or 12 on Breeze??

HELP!!

Thanks!:D

Just off the Breeze on Saturday, and we had a spa balcony on deck 12 (#12005). We really enjoyed using the special hot tub in the spa almost every day, and did enjoy the different rooms with the heated seats. It was very quiet on deck 12, and we rarely felt the ship moving. Spa massage rooms above and more cabins below. Great steward on deck 12 starboard side! We also liked being only 2 flights of stairs up to serenity and 2 flight down to Lido deck. Great cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would do it! I'm just off the Breeze and got the spa pass for a week. I was on a forward Lido balcony so I cut through deck 11 to get to the spa elevator. Peeked into the rooms when they were being cleaned and they were very nice with upgraded decor and linens. Nice to be close to Serenity, too. Very quiet and peaceful on those floors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done both a Cove balcony and a deck 12 Spa balcony on the Dream, and to me this would be a tough decision... The rooms themselves are identical, as Brighton mentioned. We loved the privacy and being close to the water in the Cove, but used the spa rooms and especially the thalasso pool much more than we expected when we booked the Spa balcony. On the Dream, the deck 12 balconies had no roof, and people on the Serenity deck could lean over and see down on you if they wanted. The deck 11 balconies had a roof. There are very few cabins on these decks, and it was very quiet. However, we spoke to someone who had one of the cabins at the end of the hall on deck 12 that goes outside to the water slides, and they said those rooms were noisy due to the doors slamming, and kids running around outside.

You might want to make sure the spa passes are included with your upgrade before choosing that option. Seems to me that I've heard where some upgrades to spa cabins don't include the use of the spa, and you had to pay the $250/cabin (for 2 people) for the week to use the spa. If I had a choice and the price was same, I'd go for the spa cabin, assuming the use of the spa is included.

Edited by 2Feathers

So the decor and linen is not different on the Dream's spa balconies? They were different on the Breeze because I had a regular balcony and saw the spa balcony rooms. Room size looked the same.

So the decor and linen is not different on the Dream's spa balconies? They were different on the Breeze because I had a regular balcony and saw the spa balcony rooms. Room size looked the same.

You are correct--decor was different in spa rooms, and we had spa shampoo, body wash, etc.

Someone else mentioned that on Dream people could look down from Serenity to the deck 12 balconies. Serenity is not configured the same way on Breeze, so this was not an issue. Although deck 12 balconies don't have a roof, no one was able to look down on us. We did, however, have a spectacular view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's why I was hesitating!!I booked the Cove because I wanted it, price wasn't the issue. OBC is WAAAAAAAY better!!:)

That is a great deal, and a great decision. Enjoy the Cove and use the OBC to buy the spa pass if you want to use the spa!