QM2 Sept. 15th New England and Canada

BettyBoop3850

Hi I will be on this cruise with my mother. We have done the ports before but can't remember if there will be shuttles in Boston and St. John. We are staying on board during the anchor ports since my mom has trouble walking so getting on and off the tenders will be a bit hard. I have booked excursions for Halifax and Quebec.

Thanks

We did the trip last Sept. and there were shuttles in Boston. For some reason there was quite a delay in disembarkation...so basically everyone got off at the same time. We then had to wait to get shuttle tickets in the terminal. Seemed disorganized, hopefully it will be better next Sept. The shuttles ran every 20 min. so it was easy to get back to the ship.

Hopefully someone else can tell you about St. John.

It will soon be three years since we did the voyage, but at that time there was a shuttle bus service at Boston to near Quincy Market.

The distance wasn't great and the price was a real rip-off; for two of us we concluded it would have been cheaper and faster to get a cab. Maybe things are cheaper now. But if you do end up in a long queue for the return shuttle, make sure you have the correct money - we saw someone get the old "sorry I don't have change for large notes, I'll be back when I've collected more fares" trick.

Edited by Chunky2219
oops - typo

I was talking about a shuttle provided by Cunard. I have been on cruises where they have provided free shuttles.

These were shuttle organised by Cunard, provided by locals (as is always the case, whether free or not). You could buy advance tickets or just take the return as we did, having done a tour and been dropped off in town.

If as Brigitte says they are now free then that's a terrific improvement. Someone must actually read the comments cards!

Well, now that I've actually said it....twice....I'm not so sure. I wasn't the one in line for the tickets. I may have just assumed too much.

Shuttles in Southampton were free, and now they are charging...according to another poster.

Sorry :o

I was on the QM2 New England/Canada voyage both in 2012 and 2013.

Boston. Both years there was a transfer via trolley to opposite Quincy Market. In 2012, the charge was $10.00 one way, or $14.00 round trip. I have not kept the information from last year, but I definitely paid for the transfer. The bus ride was 20-30 minutes long depending on traffic, and service was continuous throughout the day. I bought my ticket through the Excursion Office, but they were also selling tickets on the pier and on the bus at Quincy Market.

Saint John. The Big Pink Bus HOHO stopped directly in front of the pier but the service was not exclusively for Cunard. The price last year for an all-day ticket was $41.00. You could stay on the bus for all three loops of the tour which would then bring you back to the pier (about 1-1/2 hours), or pause at any of the bus stops and resume your tour on any of the following buses. The buses ran about 15-30 minutes apart. There was no exclusive Cunard transfer to the downtown area.

Enjoy your voyage and hope you have lovely weather. As I had on both trips.