Bringing your own wine for dinner?

Yes, Carnival allows wine to be brought onboard at embarkation only. If you choose to take it to the dining room, there is a $10 corkage fee. (Sometimes, at the discretion of your waiter, this fee is waived.)

Being a solo-cruiser, when I take a bottle of wine to dinner (or order a bottle for dinner), the waiter will have any 'left over' chilled and at my table for the next evening.

Edited to say - :) Since you're new to the boards (welcome!), you might want to come over to the Carnival board since you'll be on Elation. Lots of info specific to Carnival here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=25&daysprune=-1

• 2 weeks later...

We have brought our own wine several times and have never been charged a corkage fee.. I always figure it in with my budgeting just in case, but they havent charged it yet.. Last time the waiter did hold the remainder for us until the next night and when we got to dinner it was chilled.. Very Nice..

• 2 weeks later...

Princess allows you to bring wine on board when you first board. Our room attendant brought us wine glasses and we had a glass in our room and then took a full glass with us. We could have gotten it from any of the lounges.

• 2 weeks later...

ALL cruiselines will store your unfinished wine and serve it again at dinner the next evening.

We do that all the time since DH and I only drink about a half bottle w/ our dinners.

This system also allows us to order different wines w/ different courses, which is fun.

Jane

Archived