Queen victoria 10 august baltic & russian cruise

fastforward333

Sorry, nothing further to contribute about age of passengers - just wondering if the itinerary of this cruise has been changed due the controversy regarding the shoot down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17?

Thus far we haven't received any notification of an itinerary change.

Hi my husband and I are on this sailing for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am 48 and he is 52 so glad to hear there are some people our age or younger going on this cruise.

event.png

Edited by aharcall

Hi my husband and I are on this sailing for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am 48 and he is 52 so glad to hear there are some people our age or younger going on this cruise.

event.png

Hi aharcall,

Congratulations on your silver anniversary! - join the roll call thread and come to the meet and greet - will be nice to say hello!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for last min. tips went straight to the country after returning from July Baltic Cruise and I had no internet access!! Enjoyable cruise, lovely staff who remember your name, food is fine ask for hot plate /hot food and it stays that way for the rest of the cruise, French restaurant lovely, good bed, soft towels, lovely bath products. Great talks and some solo acts, ship dance troupe need more rehearsals we did not go to all their shows! There were some families and teens and we are in our 40's and in the minority but it did not bother us age is irrelevant to good conversation and fun! Tips. Wear closed toe shoes cobblestones and paths are risky! and have loads of battery power in your camera, Euros are accepted everywhere and chip and pin cards (even some local buses took them)

If you are going on hop on hop off bus in Stockholm do not pay till you get an assurance that you will not be asked to leave the bus at the 1st stop and not get another for 2 hours like us, very busy full buses. Do visit Wasa, city hall and Church with St. George statue 10 min. stroll from bus pick up point. Great little shop at port selling postcards, stamps, and great value Swedish Christmas Decorations got all that sorted in the first port.

Tallinn- lovely got hop on bus to upper town changed bus and went to lovely open air museum outside town, had lovely walk, picnic, carriage ride, be careful walking in town as cobblestones and paths are unpredictable. At the cruise terminal there are great stalls (Christmas decorations, crafts fur and leather, find the wood salad tongs,) and duty free, try and buy the Tallinn liquor, lovely!

St. Petersburg, fantastic , ensure you have loads of battery power in your camera, fantastic tour with Denrus loved Faberge Museum. Wear closed toe shoes paths are uneven like Tallinn some passengers fell and broke bones!!

Copenhagen, got hop on bus at port, some museums are free and are interesting, easy city to walk around very friendly, do go on the lovely canal boat tour for €6 you get a great photo op of the Queen V amongst others.

Germany, we took the Lovely Lubeck tour, spent 3hrs in a bus going through boring landscape and commentary and only had 3 hrs in the town including lunch, nice walking tour but not enough time there.

Kristanstadt easy to walk to and get around, not a lot to see but has a lovely beach if you want to swim in the Baltic! no need to get a tour, has an open air museum outside the town. VERY expensive, bring a picnic. Hope that helps Bon Voyage.