Time of arrival in Venice?

meeann

We are on the Ventura, Genoa - Venice cruise in October and I was wondering what time do we actually set sail from Genoa and also what time do we arrive in Venice, as we have to be off the ship early the following day, and would like to see as much in Venice as possible. This is the 1st time on this ship, so any hints/tips etc will be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the information, this is our first cruise on P&O, so still trying to find out as much about the cruise as we can. There are so many mixed reviews on here, that I am just finding out information regarding the basics, so more questions may still be asked. We will just make our own minds up when we're on board regarding food/staff etc. as we're just pleased to be on the cruise in the first place and will try and have a good time no matter what.

Thanks for the information, this is our first cruise on P&O, so still trying to find out as much about the cruise as we can. There are so many mixed reviews on here, that I am just finding out information regarding the basics, so more questions may still be asked. We will just make our own minds up when we're on board regarding food/staff etc. as we're just pleased to be on the cruise in the first place and will try and have a good time no matter what.

We are doing this trip in September from genoa to Venice. Sailed on Ventura to the Fjords last year. On disembarkation day we plan to get the People Mover from the port to Piazzale Roma then leave our baggage in the Left Luggage to spend the day in Venice before the ATVO bus to the airport for evening flight to UK. We've done venice before and will be using the Vaporetto day ticket

This web site has loads of info on Venice including leaving luggage and transport

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-index.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I took travelled for the first time last year on a cruise up the FJords with P@O and came back relaxed and fit from sea air and walking, I loved it so much I decided to book p&o again. We waited to book this cruise but should have known better as it seems fully booked because of the itinery. We are having to make our own way to Genoa via Stanstead and Ryanair. I have a few queries

1. Does anyone know what nights are the formal ones, we are on a 7 day cruise starting 17th Sept.

2. I have booked East for a sea day on 21 Sept, is it worth changing the night if this is a formal night?

3. Is the ship docked or do we have to catch tender at Dubrovnik, Venicd

4. can you do your own thing at Dubrovnik?

3. We are catching an early flight from Venice to Stanstead on 24th flying from Treviso, does anyone have advise on how to get there, our flight is 9.50am.

Any help is really appreciated

Hi Langland Babe,

I have just returned from the Ventura and can not answer all your questions for certain. But :-

3. We docked at Dubrovnik. (2 years ago the Aurora anchored just outside, but I think the Ventura is too large to do that). We docked at Venice. Using the people mover to get into Venice is an option, it was only 1.30 Euro. Although we used the P+O waterbus to get back to the ship (£8).

4. You can do your own thing in Dubrovnik. The shuttle bus drops you outside the city walls. You will find a maze of streets and alleys to explore.

Enjoy

Re the flight home we got a taxi from the port. If when you dock the day before disembarkation in Venice you get off the ship you will see people with placards who you can book a taxi with for the following morning. Journey time is around 20 mins and €45

Taxi to Treviso would be easiest and you can leave the ship at any time. Remember to choose self disembarkation.

There is a Treviso Venice coach shuttle but I think it only runs in summer?

Edited by davecttr

Formal nights are every sea day.

Tender at Dubrovnik as too big to fit. Shuttle bus to Pile gate. Bus VERY busy on way back, so likely to need to queue for a while. Get to Dubrovnik early. At 9:30 it is pleasant. By 11 it is heaving.

There is an express bus service to Treviso.

Thanks for replying to my query,

Helpful to know about Dubrovnik, I thought as much!

Also I had booked into Est on a sea day, so i might see if I can change, I remember the food being better in the resaurants on formal nights!

With regards getting from Venice Cruise Terminal to Treviso I am a little confused between Barsi and AVTO, one seems faster than the other but more complicated to get on, does anyone have any experience?

Taxis look expensive, quotes of 70euros!

I need to be at Treviso at 7.30am

Thanks from Langland!

I have used AVTO to Marco Polo not Treviso and it was fine; on time, luggage space underneath. You need to buy tickets from a machine or a tabaconist and then validate them on the bus. The machines are tricky. They don't take cards, cash only, and don't take notes higher than around €10.

meeann, Haven't done this itinerary so sorry can't help re ports but sailed on Ventura last year. I had a few reservations after reading some less than positive reviews. Well I have to say, it was the best cruise we've had! Ventura is a lovely ship and the atmosphere on board was really good. Everyone was friendly and enjoying themselves. Food was good and staff the best we've come across. You had to be early to get a seat in the theatre but the headliner's shows were fantastic. Metropolis at the top of the ship was a real favourite of ours with views over the stern and a video wall showing different cities of the world each night - with cocktails to match.

Only my view but hope you have a fabulous cruise and enjoy it as much as we did ours.:)

meeann, Haven't done this itinerary so sorry can't help re ports but sailed on Ventura last year. I had a few reservations after reading some less than positive reviews. Well I have to say, it was the best cruise we've had! Ventura is a lovely ship and the atmosphere on board was really good. Everyone was friendly and enjoying themselves. Food was good and staff the best we've come across. You had to be early to get a seat in the theatre but the headliner's shows were fantastic. Metropolis at the top of the ship was a real favourite of ours with views over the stern and a video wall showing different cities of the world each night - with cocktails to match.

Only my view but hope you have a fabulous cruise and enjoy it as much as we did ours.:)

Thanks for that - Just over 7 weeks to go and after reading your reply, i'm getting even more excited, have booked our seats on the plane, also booked a couple of excursions, and even put my leave in at work... So I know i'm beginning to count down:D Love the sound of the Metropolis....I'm sure there is a cocktail just waiting for me there!

Strangely enough, I've found that in my short time here on this forum that the bad reviews appear mostly to come from those that travel on P&O most of the time :confused: