Disney FE Group questions

Plutoqueen

Can someone explain FE to me? What is expected? Where would I sign up? How does it work? Where do I find if my cruise is participating in this? I'm on the Magic Feb 1 2015 cruise.

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999

You go to the "roll call" section of this board; on some other boards, they are called "cruise meet" sections. You look up your cruise and ask if there is an FE group or start one yourself.

This is something operated by people on line, not by Disney. Each group sets it's own rules. They are more common on longer cruises.

Basically, there is a coordinator who keeps track of everyone who signs up, ages/number of people in the cabin, and cabin number. Shortly after boarding (3 pm is typical) you have a quick meeting to hand out the list and update for any cabin changes or recently assigned GTYs. You place some sort of "holder" outside your room (a fish extender, from the fish mail holders on the Magic). And during the cruise, you'll find gifts in the FE. You will deliver you gifts to the cabins on the list.

Some groups do one gift per cabin, some per person. Some have a cost limit, others leave it up to the giver. Some set a specific day to drop off, MOST have a "deliver no later than X date" in order to facilitate packing.

From personal experience, 20-30 cabins is an ideal group. If you get more than 30, break it into 2 groups. It takes too long to deliver, too much luggage weight, and quite a cost when the groups get too large.

Do be aware that some other boards are owned and operated by travel agencies who regulate what can be discussed. There is LOTS of good on line information available, but it is not all free from commercial interference.

Thank you! The attachment did open ❤️ :) I don't see any for my cruise yet.. Magic February 1 2015.. Hope we have one...

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999