Dec 8th Lower Fare promo

Cunard Cruiser

I am booked on the Dec 8th Caribbean cruise. Just called Cunard this morning to see what the price is for my category grade. Found out that it is alomost $300.00 less per person. Since I didn’t make my final payment, Cunard honored the new price. I also asked reservations how full the ship is. At the moment, it is less than 50% booked.

If you didn’t pay your final payment, you still may be able to receive a discount. Worth a try. The promo is the “past passenger rate.”

Good Luck!!

I received a discount promotion mailing from Cunard about a month ago. I also noticed that the price of my cabin was lower than the original brochure price for the December 8, cruise on the QM2. I also called Cunard, and I was told since I booked with AAA, that I had to discuss any Cunard offer with my AAA travel agent. That was okay with me, because I know that AAA has many bookings for this December 8 cruise.

So, I contacted my AAA travel agent that has been booking me for the past thirteen years with Cunard. She checked into it and called me back the next day. What she found out is that AAA was getting a lower discounted fair than the promotional price. She told me that the promotional price did not include taxes, etc.

I am booked (my wife and I) on Four Deck, Category B4, a cabin with a hull balcony. It is the same cabin we were in last September 2004, for the QM2's first cruise to Canada. We booked while on board in order to take advantage of the onboard discount and the early booking discount. Then we received an additional small discount through AAA and a $150 on board credit from AAA. If possible, I try to get every discount available.

Did you book with Cunard and not a travel agent? I am just curious on the various ways Cunard agents do what they do when they are able or not able to do changes for booked passengers. By the way, what cabin category are you booked in for this cruise? I am glad that you took advantage of the offer. There are many posts on this board about this topic. Maybe we can hear from others about their situations with Cunard and discounted offers after someone has booked.

Maybe we can say hello to each other on the cruise. I will be posting a "Roll Call" as the cruise gets closer.

Till next time.......Terrence

Hi Terrence:

Yes, we must say "hi" on board! There's a few of us registered on the Roll Call Board, so be sure and sign up.

We have a B2 stateroom, and I went through a TA. I think that you should call and/or look on the internet for a few TAs for prices. It might not hurt to double check what AAA told you. We've now realized a discount of about 53% from the original brochure price (before the EB discount). Feel free to email me at: cwshops-qm2@yahoo.com and we can compare rates. When I'm on board, I sure don't want to hear about people paying a lot less than I. One time a girl sitting next to me on a flight insisted on telling me how little she paid. It really depressed me! I don't know if my heart could take it if I was upgraded to the Queen's Grill! I can't get over how many people on CC have been upgraded to Princess or Queen. It'll never happen to me!

Cathie

Hi dtwtraveler,

Today I got a call from my AAA travel couselor and was told that she was contacted by Cunard for an additonal reduction in our cruise fare of $450 each. Our final payment is due on September 1.

Terrence

That's great! Now you're getting more off that I am, so I'll have to contact Cunard tomorrow and see if I should be given more of a discount! What is your room category? If it's a % discount, it might be more if you have a more expensive stateroom category.

The three of us were given three different reductions. Seasea was given $300 each.

Cathie

Hello,

I presume that Cunard must be giving different fare reductions for different categories. This is the "past passenger discount".

We booked this sailing with an American travel agency. Originally, we had decided on a C3 cabin, but were offered an upgrade to a C1 with a $300 discount, or upgrade to a B4 with a $450 discount off brochure price. Past QM2 passengers are also offered on-board credits depending on cabin category.

Looking forward to this sailing!

Anne and Alan

My wife and I are on Four Deck, a cabin with the hull balcony, considered at the time of booking on board the QM2 last September, as a B4 cabin category. Cunard keeps changing the B categories as indicated in the 2006 brochure. It seems they still do not know what to do with the B cabins on Eight Deck with the obstructed view caused by the lifeboats. There are now three A category cabins (Deluxe Balcony) in the 2006 brochure that used to be B category cabins.

All I know, is that we are in the same cabin as we were in September 2004, regardless what happens to its letter name. (Remember Shakespeare with "What is a rose?") We know where our cabin is and how to get there.

Hope to see all of you on board.........Terrence

Archived