2007 World cruise QE2 and QM2

Cunard Cruiser

Did anyone else notice that the suites on the QE2 World Cruise are about 40% more expensive than the suites on the QM2?

Perhaps that's because the QE2 cruise is approx 35% more days????

Ken

Kevinsac,

This does not surprise and not only because the QE2 W. Cruise is a lot longer in terms of total number of nights on board for the full world cruise, but also as I think most Cunard devotees much prefer QE2 - so perhaps with the higher demand for the suites Cunard know they will have plenty of takers so to speak ; I say this after talking to many guests on my recent QE2 cruise earlier last month where even fellow guests in the Queens Grill said they much preferred QE2 in terms of both service & cuisine - even if they did admit that the cabins on QM2 esp. at QG level are excellent and much better than QE2, they certainly did not overly rate cuisine on the QM2 or indeed service!

I also met a lot of first time guests who were travelling in the Mauretania Rest. and who were already thinking of booking again for 2006 - so in spite of the bad press in recent years for QE2 it cannot be that bad! I too am back on board next year very interested to see how the next refit changes the ship!

I too think QE2 will hopefully be around for a few more years yet!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Interesting differentiation (like the Queen Mary 'fastest' and Queen Elizabeth 'largest' - though in fact the Queen Elizabeth was probably the faster of the two), now the QM2 is 'largest, longest, tallest, widest, most expensive', while the QE2 is 'most famous and fastest' - I think I'd rather be famous and fast! And no news on Queen Victoria.....

Peter

Interesting differentiation ........- I think I'd rather be famous and fast! And no news on Queen Victoria.....Peter

OK Peter

no arguments there .... you are famous and fast!!!! Well, on CC that is!!

Regards

Ken

OK Peter

no arguments there .... you are famous and fast!!!! Well, on CC that is!!

Regards Ken

The late Irene Handl, in her last year put an ad in the paper apologising to her friends for not sending Christmas Cards...her reason was that 'while the spirit is willing, the flesh, though plentiful, is weak'.......

Peter

Just found something interesting on the Sydney Ports site...it looks like QM2 will be in and out, one day in the port. However, QE2 will be in town for four full "activity" days, Tuesday-Friday. Perhaps the QE2 will do more of these long stops (in addition to more plentiful regular stops), to let you linger more?

Queen Mary 2 20-Feb-2007 07:00 (Tue) 20-Feb-2007 23:00 (Tue) Fleet Base 1 and 2 Barwil

QE2 20-Feb-2007 07:00 (Tue) 23-Feb-2007 18:30 (Fri) Overseas Passenger Terminal Barwil

I'd rather be on the QE2....I think cities like Sydney need more than a day to be explored.

....it looks like QM2 will be in and out, one day in the port. However, QE2 will be in town for four full "activity" days, Tuesday-Friday. Perhaps the QE2 will do more of these long stops (in addition to more plentiful regular stops), to let you linger more?.....I'd rather be on the QE2....I think cities like Sydney need more than a day to be explored.

I believe it takes more time to get all those zimmer frames on and off QE2 .....

Archived