Thomson Dream - early morning flight

We are heading to Palma on Saturday for our cruise on Dream. It leaves at 6am, so will be through Palma airport by 9am.

My question is how our day pans out from then.

I am assuming that our luggage gets transferred to the ship. I am also assuming that we also go there to do the check-in formalities.

After that, it is less clear. Are we likely to be able to settle in our cabins for an hour or two, before heading out into Palma, or are we in transit mode for the whole day?

I'm assuming that will be able to settle on the ship first, but my daughter has put doubt in my mind and is slightly worried about having beach towels and sunscreen (especially as we are unlikely to find an open Boots at 4am).

The odds are that there will be an open Boots at the departure airport (once you have gone throught security and are airside). If the airport is open the shops will be open.

I suggest you check with the airport what shops they have airside.

We are heading to Palma on Saturday for our cruise on Dream. It leaves at 6am, so will be through Palma airport by 9am.

My question is how our day pans out from then.

I am assuming that our luggage gets transferred to the ship. I am also assuming that we also go there to do the check-in formalities.

After that, it is less clear. Are we likely to be able to settle in our cabins for an hour or two, before heading out into Palma, or are we in transit mode for the whole day?

I'm assuming that will be able to settle on the ship first, but my daughter has put doubt in my mind and is slightly worried about having beach towels and sunscreen (especially as we are unlikely to find an open Boots at 4am).

Definitely buy your sun screen airside in the UK - will be much more expensive in Palma!

We always fly out the day before we sail so are already in Palma early in the morning. We have a leisurely breakfast and, although boarding for ´Cruise Only´ passengers is officially 12 noon, set off for the ship at 10.30 which is a similar time to you arriving (we usually arrive at check in the same time as the Newcastle flight! We have always been able to board and our cabin has always been ready so you will be able to unpack, rest and collect beach towels prior to venturing off the ship if you wish.

We have seen the Boots at Manchester Airport open around 5am. It may vary depending on the flights or the season.

If you get chance get to Aldi or Home Bargains today, the Aldi stuff is good and most of the main brands in Home Bargains are £4 a bottle.

If you get caught in Palma without suncream I would try the Porto Pi supermarket, that may be the cheapest place. Turn left as you come out of the port walk along the main road and it's just around the bend. About 15-20 mins walk.

Definitely buy your sun screen airside in the UK - will be much more expensive in Palma!

We always fly out the day before we sail so are already in Palma early in the morning. We have a leisurely breakfast and, although boarding for ´Cruise Only´ passengers is officially 12 noon, set off for the ship at 10.30 which is a similar time to you arriving (we usually arrive at check in the same time as the Newcastle flight! We have always been able to board and our cabin has always been ready so you will be able to unpack, rest and collect beach towels prior to venturing off the ship if you wish.

Hi campolady

Do you always do your flight separately from your cruise? I'm intrigued!

AF

Sent from my iPad using Forums