The bob marley experience

Hi everyone. Has anyone done the above tour on the official ships tour? We are on the Allure of the Seas in November and were wondering what the cost difference is between going with the ship's tour and using a local tour guide.

Anyone have any experiences?

Typically non-ship excursions are going to be cheaper and in my opinion offer more bang for your buck. With that said, excursion providers are prohibited from selling the excursion without the cruise line. So if you see an excursion you absolutely must do, then you will have to book with the ship.

Take a look at the port of call boards for your specific island and do some research there to see if you can find what you are specifically looking for privately.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your reply. Have done a little research on the Jamaica boards and think we are goimg to book through RCCL (people have quoted getting back late and ship had sailed on other excursions) but am now wondering whether to book now and pay in pounds sterling (we are based in UK) or wait til we board and book onboard paying in dollars on shipboard account. Does anyone have a price for this tour taken from the ships excursions booklet whilst onboard please?

Hi!

We did this tour through RC and it was awesome! We typically don't book excursions through the ship, but we are glad we did on this one. The trip to 9 mile was definitely thrilling, and we had a super time while there. We had a fantastic day and got back to the ship in plenty of time. Have fun!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 months later...

OK. .. We can't wait to go on this excursion.... but a a silly question to those who have done this excursion. .... Is there adequate opportunities to use a restroom? Being on a 6 hour tour... on a bus. .. drinking run punch, bathrooms will be needed for sure! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

OK. .. We can't wait to go on this excursion.... but a a silly question to those who have done this excursion. .... Is there adequate opportunities to use a restroom? Being on a 6 hour tour... on a bus. .. drinking run punch, bathrooms will be needed for sure! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We just did this tour this past tuesday and its a straight 2 hour drive to get to there, with no bathroom breaks....the rum punch is served in dixie cups and they dont give you that much...hope that helps...

have fun!! we really enjoyed this excursion :D

We did this tour from Falmouth a couple of years ago. There was a bathroom break on the way to Robert Marley's home, a break in a very rustic bathroom at Robert Marley's and one at the place where we stopped for a buffet of Jamaican food in another rustic setting.

If you are traveling from Falmouth, know that thsi is a long ride to Robert Marley's and a long ride back to the ship. You will spend about an hour at Robert Marley's home and if you wish while there you can purchase some "merchandise."

Be careful as one person got really sick because he wasn't used to the merchandise in such high altitude.

The tour takes you past much beautiful, mountainous tropical Jamaican scenery, but I found the bus ride really long. I think the whole tour and buffet lasted nearly six hours. It was just a really long trip for the pleasure of seeing Marley's birth place. It took most of the day.

If you haven't seen tropical scenery before and have a deep and abiding admiration for Marley, by all means take the tour. It might be a shorter trip if taken from Montego Bay or Ocho Rios.