Dress code for La Sagrada Familia

We will be visiting La Sagrada Familia in a week, in the middle of the hot July weather.

We are booked for one of the tower and we bought the tickets for 10:45.

Can my husband wear hs long short? They stop just above the kneecap.

How about summer dress that also stop just above the knee?

Sleeveless dress (not the spaghetti straps) ?

I know it will be hot so I don't want to overdressed but not underdressed either.

Thanks

We will be visiting La Sagrada Familia in a week, in the middle of the hot July weather.

We are booked for one of the tower and we bought the tickets for 10:45.

Can my husband wear hs long short? They stop just above the kneecap.

How about summer dress that also stop just above the knee?

Sleeveless dress (not the spaghetti straps) ?

I know it will be hot so I don't want to overdressed but not underdressed either.

Thanks

Read this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060463

You could use a large scarf for you dress and DH could use the zip off pants then you won't have to go back and change.People dress a tad more formal in European cities than what you see here in the US which is a pleasant thing.

We were there last month and shorts were not a problem, as long as they were not short, but covered shoulders were required. My husband wore his zippered long pants and took them off as soon as he found out he could wear shorts.

It was very hot already in June, we had 9am tickets and just standing outside to get in you were really sweating.

They were strict about bags if you are going up in the towers, you had to put even small ones in lockers.

We found this church to have much more relaxed rules than some of the others. The Barcelona Cathedral very particular about the length of the shorts a lot of people turned away.

Have a great visit, we spent about 1/2 day there, with the museum and other things to see while there.

Hi everyone;

Just went to La Sagrada this morning and want to add on the dress code.

We wore long pants and dresses and brought scarves to cover our shoulders.

Well, there tons of very short jeans shorts and dresses. Even spaghetti straps sundresses and nobody said anything... DH was complaining that if he knew, he would wear his cargo short which stops just above the knees.

I guess it depends on the guards on the day you visit because today, there was absolutely NO dressing code at all.

Oh well, I hope this helps.

I suppose it is like the dress code on cruise ships. There are rules but a lot of people ignore them so the people in charge give up enforcing them - very sad IMHO.

Sagrada Familia is a consecrated church and I would never consider going into a church wearing shorts and a tank top.