Boarding in Southampton

kaztig79

We are going on the emerald princess on the 30th August. We are Platinum members and I have read that Preferred Check-In, the last time we sailed from Southampton, we managed to check in earlier, but did we miss something as we queue once we got though security. For a very one time.

I'm going with my mum and I would really like to treat her to something when on board, but paid for it before we go, anyone got any idea's?

Just a personal opinion, but the various welcome/celebration packages on cruise ships - flowers, chox, cake, champagne - are over-priced and are more "corporate production-line" than "special". You'll find them on the website.

On-board, the obvious thing for me is to book a speciality restaurant. I don't know whether on Emerald this can be booked or paid ahead of the cruise so not sure that you can keep it off the on-board account.

Might be worth asking folk on the Princess forum. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=197

Better still, how about fixing up something special in one of the ports?

Perhaps a private tour.

A gondola or evening meal in Venice (if you have a deep purse ;)).

The Andalusian horse show at Jerez de la Frontere (half an hour by train or taxi from Cadiz) http://www.realescuela.org/en/exhibiciones.cfm (and the Sandeman sherry bodega is just a hundred yards or so away for a short tour)

JB :)

Edited by John Bull