Carnival Magic 7-13-14 Premium Vista 9C Deck 8 Review

jeffw777

7/5/14 Continued..

There was hardly any wind on deck and although the beaming sun was great, it was getting HOT quick! A dip in the pool was a quick fix. (I assume the pools are filled with sea water, but I could be wrong on this. If anyone knows for sure feel free to chime in. The water is definitely saltier than most salt water pools, which isn't a big deal. There are fresh water showers next to both pools if you want to wash the salt water off your skin. These are very "public" showers so please people, keep your swim suits on!)

We hung out (no pun intended) at the pool for a few hours, the kids joined us, and we watched an artist turn a very large chunk of ice into a sculpture; very cool. Unfortunately for us it was too hot! After watching the ice hit the deck and dreaming of much cooler places we decided to head down to our rooms to cool off and get ready for lunch.

Headed back to the Lido buffet and tried the burrito bar; it was great! My wife and kids had other buffet options and as before all was consistently good. Finished lunch around 2:30pm and headed back to the room to chillax.

Caught up on some work emails and watched some TV, enjoying the AC. Even the balcony was too hot to so we stayed inside until dinner time. (This is my first time cruising in the middle of the summer so I don't have anything to compare it to, but the Gulf of Mexico was calm like a lake. Maybe this is why it was so hot. As mentioned above there was very little if any wind at the beach pool, and only a slight breeze at the tides pool. Carnival has done a good job at designing the decks to be less windy. This would be welcome in cooler weather but in the summer, I would prefer a stiffer breeze.)

A little sun burned and a lot tired we all decided to have room service for dinner. The reuben sandwich was fantastic! (As mentioned on day one I'm easy to please when it comes to food!) It is served with chips. Put the chips on the sandwich, even better!

After we cleaned up we decided to go to the friendly family comedy show at 8:30pm. Caroline Picard was the comedian and she was funny, but something tells me her adult show would have been better. She is from Louisiana and I could tell she was having a difficult time keeping it clean.

A few drinks after the show and it was time to call it a night..

I will send pictures later. In the field today and internet connection stinks.

To be continued..

7/15/14 Highlight pictures..

GOPR4508_zpsed3bbe75.jpg

This bucket fills up with water and dumps every so many minutes; another nice way to cool off but you have to get to deck 12 aft.

0719143_zps1c9be14b.jpg

Spotlight Lounge. (Comedy, Open Mic, etc..)

GOPR4211_zps717af798.jpg

Spotlight Lounge Cont..

Up next..Day Four: Isla Roatan (At last!!)

7/16/14 Land Ho!!

I appreciate everyone's patience. I will get through this review eventually, I promise!! Any questions feel free to ask. I will try to answer as quickly as I can.

After two days of nothing but water (Don't get me wrong, I love the water) I woke up, looked out the window, and saw land! It was a beautiful sight.. Clear blue skies and crystal clear blue waters, and rolling hills. I can only imagine how Christopher Columbus felt in 1502 when he first laid eyes on it. (There's a little trivia for ya.)

I'm sure there are quite a few people that have never been to Roatan, so I will try not to blabber so much and share more pics.

We backed into the dock, so the aft view balcony was the perfect place to be! Here are a few of my favorite pics..

We docked at Mahogany Bay. The other port on the island is Coxen Hole.

07161410_zpsa11faeb1.jpg

07161412_zps2282c0bf.jpg

0716149_zpsd0755186.jpg

0716144_zpsfce4d409.jpg

Approaching the dock..

07161414_zps1477bdb2.jpg

Dock close up. (I find this pic interesting. The entire ship fits at the lower section of the dock. Looks much smaller than it actually is. Over three football fields long.)

pic_1782_zps1b83e91f.jpg

To be continued..

OP has posted Fun Times for the first 3 days so far.

Here's the movie list:

Sunday, Seaside Theater-- Grown ups & Ride Along

TV-- The Proposal & Grown Ups

Monday, Seaside Theater-- Monuments Men & Noah

TV-- Toy Story & Captain America

Tuesday, Seaside Theater-- Captain America

TV-- The Proposal & Grown Ups

thank you!!

Attn Oldmedic

John Heald just posted this on today's blog:

"Here is the list of the Dive In Movies we will show on the 12 ships that have the big screens on Lido."

XMEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (PG‐13)

GRAVITY (PG‐13)

FROZEN (G)

RIO 2 (G)

THE VOW (PG‐13)

THE OTHER WOMAN (PG‐13)

GROWN UPS 2 (PG‐13)

RIDE ALONG (PG‐13)

THE HOBBIT: DESOLATION OF SMAUG (PG‐13)

DIVERGENT (PG‐13)

DIANA (PG 13)

NOAH (PG‐13)

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 (PG‐13)

CAPTAIN AMERICA: – THE WINTER SOLDIER (PG‐13)

Attn Oldmedic

John Heald just posted this on today's blog:

"Here is the list of the Dive In Movies we will show on the 12 ships that have the big screens on Lido."

XMEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (PG‐13)

GRAVITY (PG‐13)

FROZEN (G)

RIO 2 (G)

THE VOW (PG‐13)

THE OTHER WOMAN (PG‐13)

GROWN UPS 2 (PG‐13)

RIDE ALONG (PG‐13)

THE HOBBIT: DESOLATION OF SMAUG (PG‐13)

DIVERGENT (PG‐13)

DIANA (PG 13)

NOAH (PG‐13)

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 (PG‐13)

CAPTAIN AMERICA: – THE WINTER SOLDIER (PG‐13)

Thank you!! looking forward to the rest of the review!!

7/16/14 Continued..

We had pre-booked a private tour with ROA (Roatan Island Adventures). The walk to the meeting place was fairly long and uphill, but we knew about this ahead of time and were prepared. Although it was a bit of a workout, it was a nice walk, lots to see.

We found the meeting point without any difficulty and Laura (One of the owners) was waiting for us there. We were quickly in her new model, clean, 4 door, 4WD Toyota Tundra, with the AC cranked. I think we were all a little sweaty but cooled off quickly.

We headed to our first stop of the day, "Pirates of the Caribbean Zip Line Tours." We were the first ones there and had our safety harnesses on in no time. (We paid $ 100/ person when we met Laura and that included the tour, along with all of the activities for the day). She paid the friendly cashier and soon we were loaded into a 4WD truck and headed up the mountain to start the tour.

pic_1784_zpsc6eb1195.jpg

Check in..

87c074e3-e20c-44a2-aa37-3b3f0e07edd6_zps1d66193c.jpg

My wife and I ready to go..

pic_1802_zpsfe6451a4.jpg

First line.. (Was very long and high a bit unnerving, even for an adrenaline junkie like me.)

We had a safety briefing and the equipment was demonstrated. All was in good shape and secure.

6792d499-c401-4fde-9e82-77b17243b163_zps3e01b92e.jpg

The two guides were great! One went in front of our group of 4, and one went behind.

9cf9d3f9-2e4d-40c0-8c0d-62791a921910_zps6fc4ecf9.jpg

pic_1798_zpsd428c969.jpg

To be continued..

7/16/14 Continued..

Very much like a roller coaster, the lines got shorter and less intense as we worked our way down, but all were fun, and the views from above the trees were great! There were a total of 11 lines.

Our tour guide Laura was waiting for us when we returned to the base and we tipped our guides, and loaded up in the truck. Next stop, iguanas and monkeys.

It was a short drive from the zip line location to our next stop. We got some photos of the iguanas and watched while they fed some tarpon a short walk to the water.

07161436_zpsab26813b.jpg

07161426_zps943138e4.jpg

07161454_zpsefaa1e1a.jpg

Feeding the Tarpon..

07161451_zps1633d56d.jpg

View from the pier..

07161458_zps38237b84.jpg

Another view from the pier..

07161449_zps86b2662b.jpg

Spider Monkey.. (He has quick hands and grabbed my wife's sun glasses off her head before she knew what happened. I was able to get them back with a little tug of war.)

To be continued..

I'm wondering why I can't see your photos anymore. Everywhere there is supposed to be a picture, there is a box asking to upgrade to photobucket plus for additional bandwidth. Up until yesterday I was able to see them.

I'm wondering why I can't see your photos anymore. Everywhere there is supposed to be a picture, there is a box asking to upgrade to photobucket plus for additional bandwidth. Up until yesterday I was able to see them.

Have exactly the same problem as TXCajuns re viewing your photos. I really want to see the rest of the Fun Times.

I thought I was going crazy and I was about to blame my iPad as usual! What is the deal? Why can't we see them and everyone else can?

We saw them in the beginning of this thread... But then they all turned to grey and we can't. I think it has to do with their "grade" of photobucket. I use snapfish when I upload here. They seem to last longer.

I have been out of town for the past few days and away from my computer. Not sure what the issue is with the pics but I will figure it out, repost the ones that aren't working, and continue with the review.. Sorry for the technical difficulties!!