Specialty Restaurant Reservations?

dongordon

If you have a suite, who makes the specialty restaurant reservations..the Concierge or the Butler?

Is it best to use them or do it yourself on the first day?

Do they have an "inside track" for reservations?

Don

dongordon,

We had an AE suite in May.

The concierge will make all your reservations for you. There's a form to fill out if you know when & where & what time you want to eat for the entire week in your cabin or you can do it each day, but the good times fill up fast, so plan early.

If you go to the reception desk, you can get the weeks main restaurant menus to help you decide.

You can also have the butler serve you dinner in your cabin.

Monty

dongordon,

Carlos got our request for Le Bistro (on our 30th anniversary) right, but we got a bad table (by entrance). We called him one day for reservations to Salsa (around 2:00pm) for 8:00pm and told us that time was taken & gave us 9:30pm. He said he'd try to get us in earlier and would call us back no matter what. Never got a call. My wife called Salsa and inquired if we had a reservation for 9:30pm. They couldn't find it. He gave them the wrong cabin number. They finally found the reservation for 9:30pm. My wife asked if they had anything earlier and they said come down at 9:00pm. We got there at 8:35pm and were going to sit at the bar, but they gave us a table right away.

My wife and I are independent people and can do things on our own. From then on we booked our own reservations, just like on our first cruise when we didn't have a concierge.

We weren't used to the concierge & butler concept on the last cruise in May, but when we go in September (in an owners suite):D , we'll be better at it. Maybe since we were only in an AE suite, you get treated differently?

Used the butler for dinner in the room one night, very awkward! Breakfast in room was great. Order ANYTHING you want.:)

Happy Cruising!

Monty

dongordon,

Just noticed on a different thread that your'e in an AC suite. Not too late to upsell to an AA. 1 800 625-4309. There a 2 left on your cruise.

We were booked in 9502 (AC) on 9/4 and called last week and got an AA for 50% off.

Like my wife said it's a once in a lifetime chance. We'll be sailing again but not with the "suite life" cabins anymore.

Monty

Archived