Decisions, decisions on itinerary

MarYSol

Group of 4 - will be arriving Sept. 30 on the Carnival Liberty - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Would like to go to the Beach in the morning - which would be better: Blue Bay OR Seaquarium? Plan to go to Ship for quick change and then do a self walking tour in the afternoon? Would love to go to Queen Emma's Bridge, shopping and visiting the Markets...... So indecisive on which Beach to visit for 2 - 3 hours - HELP!!!!!

Hi Gloria,

It all depends on what type of beach day you want. Both beaches are about 10 minutes by cab (in opposite directions) and have all amenities like beach chairs, umbrellas, rest rooms, bars, restaurant, snorkeling, etc.

However, Blue Bay is very quite and serene, not too many guests.

Seaquarium/Cabana/Mambo beach (all the same stretch of beach) is more lively with a younger crowd, music, water sports, shopping and activities.

Isa - we are all retired, so we would prefer a quieter beach, but I love to swim,snorkel and just sit around looking at that beautiful aquamarine water. So we are looking for that beautiful beach Curacao is known for. DH and I have visited Curacao before, but we did the island tours and never got to the beach! Our friends have never been there, but they are water lovers, so a nice beach would work fine. The afternoon will be spent shopping and walking downtown, which if I remember correctly is very close to the docks.

Thanks for your help and response. Gloria

Just FYI - eventhough the two beaches that you mentioned are not bad --> they do not have that Aquamarine, typical Caribbean beach water that you mention.

For this, you need to visit the beaches on the Western side - Cas Abao, Knip Beach, etc. Knip is prettier, but hardly any amenities.

If it is truly that beautiful Caribbean beach you want to show your friends, I would recommend a visit to Cas Abao. It's about 30 minutes away from the ship.

Cas abao is $60 from 1 up until 4 persons, one way. Every extra person is $30 roundtrip.

Hi- Just a note about our day at Blue Bay. We enjoyed it as it was very

comfortable- all amenities, good swimming, snorkeling, and a pool.

We agree that there are other beautiful beaches, as mentioned. Do they have the amenities that Blue Bay has?

Hi- Just a note about our day at Blue Bay. We enjoyed it as it was very

comfortable- all amenities, good swimming, snorkeling, and a pool.

We agree that there are other beautiful beaches, as mentioned. Do they have the amenities that Blue Bay has?

FYI - Blue Bay no longer has a swimming pool. Unfortunately there have been incidents with children drowning and they covered the pool with concrete.

Oh no! Is there another Beach close by that offers a pool? I will be be on the beach, but DH would prefer a pool. I know it sounds silly, but he is not thrilled over the sand - go figure! I thought Blue Bay would satisfy both of us....

There aren't many beaches close to port.

The only other alternative I can think of where your husband can enjoy the pool and you can swim at the beach is Avila Beach Hotel. Small beach, but nice hotel (very quiet and tropical/colonial feel).

I'm not allowed to post the link, but google Avila Beach hotel Curacao for their website.

It's a short, cheap ride from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...