Ecstasy vs. Sensation

MrsPhoenix91

Can someone who has cruised on either the Ecstasy or Sensation ships share their differences with me? The only thing I know about the Ecstasy ship is last April's power failure and that a sexual assault victim committed suicide on that ship back in 2007 :(

We (me, hubby and our 18 year old daughter) are trying to decide which ship to choose for our 3 night cruise to the Bahamas next May. We are booking the Grand Suite with the Extended Balcony.

Can someone who has cruised on either the Ecstasy or Sensation ships share their differences with me? The only thing I know about the Ecstasy ship is last April's power failure and that a sexual assault victim committed suicide on that ship back in 2007 :(

We (me, hubby and our 18 year old daughter) are trying to decide which ship to choose for our 3 night cruise to the Bahamas next May. We are booking the Grand Suite with the Extended Balcony.

If you can wait I can tell you about the Ecstasy in 4 weeks

I have sailed on both ships. They are both smaller, older ships but very well maintained. I'm sure you'd be happy on either of them but I enjoyed my Ecstasy cruise a little more than the Sensation. The crew/staff on the Ecstasy seemed nicer and more competent to me. It's just a personal preference and I'm sure others may have had a different experience. Perhaps you can decide on which ship has the better deal for the time you want to sail. I hope you have a fantastic cruise.:D

I have sailed on both ships. They are both smaller, older ships but very well maintained. I'm sure you'd be happy on either of them but I enjoyed my Ecstasy cruise a little more than the Sensation. The crew/staff on the Ecstasy seemed nicer and more competent to me. It's just a personal preference and I'm sure others may have had a different experience. Perhaps you can decide on which ship has the better deal for the time you want to sail. I hope you have a fantastic cruise.:D

pungo, thank you. To be quite honest, I am leaning towards the Ecstasy ship but only because of the port (never been to Miami before). But I am a little concerned about last year's power failure...

pungo, thank you. To be quite honest, I am leaning towards the Ecstasy ship but only because of the port (never been to Miami before). But I am a little concerned about last year's power failure...

Fortunately, you have a little time to decide. You are doing the right thing by gathering information now. I haven't sailed either ship in over 7 months and lots can happen in that time. I had a little trouble with the staff of the Sensation during my back to back, but those people could very well be gone by now. Both ships were in good condition and I loved both cruises. I'm sure there will be people sailing soon who can give you more current information. Good luck and happy sailing.

I wouldn't let the power failure worry you. It was a minor mechanical issue and they had everything back up and running in just a few minutes. It could have happened on any of the ships, even the new ones. Stuff just breaks every once in awhile.

They're pretty much identical. The Ecstasy is a little older, delivered in 1991 but other than that the decor is similar, layout is almost identical, menus are the same, etc. It varies from sailing to sailing who the comedians will be but I like both ships equally. Never been in a suite on either ship so can't comment about that. But there is plenty to do on each, such as mongolian wok, rotisserie, omelets, pizza. I would just go with whichever ship is a better deal and matches your desired itinerary more. The ships really aren't that different and the crews are just about the same in terms of quality and service.

I wouldn't let the power failure worry you. It was a minor mechanical issue and they had everything back up and running in just a few minutes. It could have happened on any of the ships, even the new ones. Stuff just breaks every once in awhile.

Yeah, considering that at least one generator and engine is running 24/7 on these boats, it is a miracle that the dispatch reliability of these ships overall is 99.99 percent it seems. I mean, my car lost power once while I was driving one night, I got it started again right away and kept going no problem. Am I never going to drive that car again after that? Stuff happens but CCL has to their credit spent a lot of resources upgrading their systems so these problems will become even less frequent in the future. Every airplane that carries passengers has at some point had a mx issue that has caused it to be out of service in some way shape or form during its lifetime. But that doesn't stop me or most other people from flying on planes. The media is not your friend here. They exist to tell half truths and sensationalize things to get views, they rarely tell the truth and they just pick on one topic and bash it just to scare people. Every cruise line has minor mx problems from time to time, they just have a thing for Carnival these days.

Really...that's the only thing(s) you know about these two ships? :confused::eek:

I took it to mean the only "negative" things that she knows about the two ships. Not her overall knowledge in general.

I'll be sailing Sensation next month, so I'm also interested in people's opinions in it....both good & bad. :)

Edited by chris330r

Really...that's the only thing(s) you know about these two ships? :confused::eek:

Specifically the Ecstasy, those are the only 2 items of notoriety I am aware of regarding this ship. I am looking to make an informed decision between the 2, hence my post.

I took it to mean the only "negative" things that she knows about the two ships. Not her overall knowledge in general.

I'll be sailing Sensation next month, so I'm also interested in people's opinions in it....both good & bad. :)

Exactly :)