Mr and Mrs Bucket alive and well

I have never cruised with Thompson (but we loved Ocean Village) but I do know a millionaire who regularly cruises with them and loves it. We like balcony cabins and there don't seem to be that many on a lot of Thompson ships, if we found an itinerary we liked and a suitable cabin we would definitely give them a try.

Does all this mean that I shouldn't take my Thomson Cruises beach bag (won in a quiz) on our first Celebrity cruise in October? I cant take my QM2 hoodie as it went out of shape in the wash!

Sandie

Changing the subject slightly, it reminded of the pink Dream hoody that I wanted , but just couldn't walk around with 55,000 tonnes written on my chest!

Sweby

• 4 weeks later...
How can you be a snob on P&O ? Is it that much more expensive than Thomson ?

(I've never been on Thomson but I have relatives who do regularly who wouldn't go if it was cheap and horrible)

It is all about perception. i have met a few people on P&O who percieve that P&O is superior to Thomson and Thomson cruisers :eek:

it is rather funny and pathetic really as cruise lines are a lot more similar than different

P&O can actually be cheaper than Thomson but don't worry about it. Just go on your cruise with an open mind etc etc. :D

I've only been on two Thomson cruises, both of which I could not fault in any way. I am very content with the facilities on board Majesty and Dream - I have no call for tacky climbing walls, bowling alleys or water slides. And I don't hanker after shopping mall dining franchises.

Yes, there is a stratification of social class on Thomson, but the most important thing to me was that everyone is well-behaved and very friendly. These are far more important qualities than your background.

What I love about Thomson is that they are 99% British. I know this sounds negative and "Little Englander/Idiot Abroad" but there is no way I would want to go on an North American dominated cruise - been there done that. I say this as an American family, btw (ex Ohio, living in London).

I know that reading CC threads is not representative of all cruisers but I really loathe the NA attitude to the people in the ports they inundate. I think Thomson cruisers have much better manners.

i cant say i have ever met any cruise snobs (well maybe in germany?)

i havnt met many americans either (apart for the ones i nearly got into a fight with over a sunbed once! .....before i ran away) ;)

imo thomsons and p&o both have a mix of all walks of life and age groups...thomsons has a small villiage feel you get to know people better and make freinds easier-ly? because its a smaller ship (and.... its a little more difficult to avoid people.....if you wanted too)

i have only been on ventura once....i did find that most fellow passengers were happily going about their private day and you mostly didnt see that same person again until the airport.....i admit....I do like to mingle?...I like company (and ms magot is an outrageous flirt).....its a lot easier to avoid us on the ventura than it is on thomsons:o

We have cruised both with Thomson & P&O. When asked by people on P&O what Thomson are like I always say, apart from the ships being older & smaller, they are very similar. The main difference being that Thomson are more hygiene conscious and the lifeboat drill is much better! The majority of people are quite surprised that Thomson have stricter rules than P&O!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app