Info needed re Bermuda 123 Go! future cruise onboard promotion

cbny

I have read here in the CC X forum that if you book a Bermuda cruise for next year while onboard any Bermuda sailing this summer, there is a special offer available where you receive all 3 incentives in the 123 Go! promotion as opposed to the typical 1 or 2. Can anyone verify that is true?

I called X this morning, and they didn't know anything about it, but I have received misinformation from them in the past. :( Anyway, I will be sailing on the Summit soon and am really hoping this special promotion will be available. Got my fingers crossed here. Thanks in advance for your help!

There's a great review going on from a recent cruiser who recently booked and talks about it here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067725.

I'm also cruising (same week as you) and gave this some thought however, I checked the prices and there is a substantial mark up over what we paid this year for the same cabin. We booked under the regular 1-2-3 go, so I'm basing it off of that, not off the bargain basement prices if you booked today.

So, all I'm saying is it makes sense to do your research and understand when a deal really is a deal, and when it is not. I'm not saying it's a bad deal and I certainly didn't price out all cabins but usually "free" isn't really "free."

There's a great review going on from a recent cruiser who recently booked and talks about it here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067725.

I'm also cruising (same week as you) and gave this some thought however, I checked the prices and there is a substantial mark up over what we paid this year for the same cabin. We booked under the regular 1-2-3 go, so I'm basing it off of that, not off the bargain basement prices if you booked today.

So, all I'm saying is it makes sense to do your research and understand when a deal really is a deal, and when it is not. I'm not saying it's a bad deal and I certainly didn't price out all cabins but usually "free" isn't really "free."

Hi again, travelingirl.

Thanks for the link to that thread. I will head over there and read it now. As for your comments, I agree with everything you said. I'm just thinking that if we do book onboard at whatever price (which we know will be high but which we would never pay anyway), get the 123 Go deal, and then monitor carefully for price drops as we consistently do, it would probably be a good thing to take advantage of since we would be happy to go back to Bermuda again next summer anyway. Of course, it would mean we wouldn't be able to take advantage of 1) any "new booking" deals that crop up over the course of the next year or 2) any great price drops that are posted after final payment - the way we are doing it this time :) - so that is the downside for me.

Thanks a lot for your reply, and I look forward to meeting you on board very soon. Mardi gras beads, here I come! (No thong for me, sorry! ;))

Carrie

Edited by cbny

Hi again, travelingirl and all ~

Just got off the phone with another Captain's Club agent and wanted to let you know what he told me. He wasn't aware of the onboard Bermuda 123 Go offer we are talking about here, but he told me that it might well be something that is currently being offered on board. Unfortunately, he also informed me that if we book on the ship taking advantage of the 123 Go offer and later see a price drop, in order to get the reduced price, we would lose the 123 Go perks. :( I guess that makes sense, but I wasn't aware that was the case and am sad to hear it. It certainly makes the idea of booking at a high price on the ship less attractive, but I suppose it could still be worth it. We'll have to look at the details and figure it out.

Just wanted to pass that info on.

Carrie

Just in case you did not see it in my review here is the link to the actual document that talks about the Bermuda All In. I'm not surprised the land based agents don't know about this since the fine print on the offer specifically says you have to book on board Summit. Our TA didn't know about it either when I originally contacted them.

What we paid for next year's sailing compared to this year's wasn't substantially more, however, living in GA we can't take advantage of the last minute resident deals that they run for the Bermuda cruises.

Edited by prim8keeper

I was on the Summit Bermuda sailing on June 15. Yes this special offer existed, and I booked the trip again for next July- including the Classic drink package, free gratuities, and on board credit (I believe the amount depended on your cabin type.

In response to what you were told about price drops, the agent on the ship that booked my future cruise said that if there was a price drop- YES you could take advantage of it it- as long as it was prior to final payment deadline, and she promised that you would NOT loose the 123 GO extras that they provided. Wish all employees had the facts straight!

Just in case you did not see it in my review here is the link to the actual document that talks about the Bermuda All In. I'm not surprised the land based agents don't know about this since the fine print on the offer specifically says you have to book on board Summit. Our TA didn't know about it either when I originally contacted them.

What we paid for next year's sailing compared to this year's wasn't substantially more, however, living in GA we can't take advantage of the last minute resident deals that they run for the Bermuda cruises.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much, prim8keeper!

The promo is called "Bermuda all in" and it is valid if you book on the summit through 8/31/2014.

Thank you, cruisingdelt. I'm guessing the reason the Celebrity rep didn't know what I was talking about was because I referred to it as a 123 Go offer. Anyway, I know what I need to now, so I don't have to call them again which is great. Really happy to have this option. Sounds like it may well be worth doing and I'm looking forward to checking out the possibilities on board the Summit very soon.

I was on the Summit Bermuda sailing on June 15. Yes this special offer existed, and I booked the trip again for next July- including the Classic drink package, free gratuities, and on board credit (I believe the amount depended on your cabin type.

In response to what you were told about price drops, the agent on the ship that booked my future cruise said that if there was a price drop- YES you could take advantage of it it- as long as it was prior to final payment deadline, and she promised that you would NOT loose the 123 GO extras that they provided. Wish all employees had the facts straight!

TravDR - Thanks so much for telling me what you heard from the future cruise consultant on board when you booked for next year. This isn't the first time different employees have said different things. How frustrating. :mad: I will try to call a Captain's Club rep tomorrow and see what they have to say about the two conflicting statements. I'll also be sure to let you know. By the way, did the future cruise consultant refer to it as a "123 Go" or an "All-In" promo? The pdf posted by prim8keeper (see previous post in this thread) says All-In, so I just want to be sure that the offer you got back in June was the same one that is available now. Thanks again.

TravDR - Thanks so much for telling me what you heard from the future cruise consultant on board when you booked for next year. This isn't the first time different employees have said different things. How frustrating. :mad: I will try to call a Captain's Club rep tomorrow and see what they have to say about the two conflicting statements. I'll also be sure to let you know. By the way, did the future cruise consultant refer to it as a "123 Go" or an "All-In" promo? The pdf posted by prim8keeper (see previous post in this thread) says All-In, so I just want to be sure that the offer you got back in June was the same one that is available now. Thanks again.

I am pretty sure she referred to the All-In promo--- please let me know what you find out!