Fantasy Embarkation Time

I've been reading the forums for weeks in anticipation of our first cruise on Fantasy. Lots of people have written about getting on board as early as 11am. I just received an email from Carnival that says arrive between 12:30-2:30.

Boo! Really wanted to get on earlier.

What do you think?

We're not parking…and I know they won't let you park until they've cleared everyone out from the returning cruise but this won't be an issue since we have a shuttle from the hotel.

Should we chance it and arrive earlier? We have Priority Boarding…will we be able to wait somewhere out of the sun?

Anyone been in the last few months who can provide info would be so appreciated!!!

We have always arrived at Charleston port about 11:00. There is a tent and a few chairs to wait until buses start running. Beat the rush before parking is opened up. Once, I was the first person to ding in after wedding party. Totally empty lido deck.

We leave the house around 10:30-11:00 and it is a 25min drive to the port. Drop off our bags at early drop off then get dropped off at the Market St. area.

We will walk the Market and head to the shuttle tent. approx 10-15min there and we are off to the terminal and the party begins.

Occasionally things happen and we may be delayed due to Customs. but never puts a damper on things.

Sailing on the Fantasy again on Sept 4 and Dec 7... counting days

When we were embarking back in May, we were in line at 11am... We were in line, after talking with the agents but before you got to pay for parking but were at a stand-still... We had the windows down and at 11:35am, the "Customs has cleared the ship and embarkation can start" announcement come through the walkie-talkies.. No one was able to get into port before that time frame and many drop-offs were turned away and told to show up later.. This being said, we knew there was a problem during disembarkation with the ship arriving at port later than expected also...

I would just plan on arriving around 11am and hoping it goes quickly..