Last minute booking Breakaway Aft

kkpcruiser

I am positive these questions have been answered and I've spent the last 1.5 hours finding some answers so I'll apologize in advance for reasking but I'm trying to make a quick decision ( which I never do) and hoping I can get some feedback from experienced Breakaway sailers!

I'm looking to book for 3 weeks out and I do not want a guarantee. That precluded all minisuites which would have been my first choice. We have done the Epic in a family minisuite. It was fabulous.

I'm waivering between a midship large balcony and an aft facing.

Can it be confirmed that deck 9 aft are larger balconies?

I usually tend to stay higher and we have been in a suite on princess so I am aware of the motion and engine/thruster noise when coming into port and leaving but since this is a one stop cruise, I think we can deal with it!

I have options on 9, 10 and 14.

Bed placement...where cabin shows indent.....is that where the bed location is?

The breakaway reviews seem to concur that reg cabins and balconies are tiny and that's why I'm looking at the Aft and a larger balcony.

Is soot an issue in these aft cabins?

Are there any other concerns i should be aware of?

Thanks in advance so much for helping.

I'm hoping to research a little more tonight before booking but I appreciate any feedback or advice!

Edited by kkpcruiser

I've never stayed is an aft BUT I was watching the availability of them as our July 6th trip was coming up.

Three weeks away from our sail date, there were at least 15 of them left up until a week before sailing. So keep checking the date you want and watch it. One week the price dropped $500 on the afts.

Happy Sailing!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

The deck 9 aft balconies are in-fact the largest on the ship. We have never had a soot problem while sailing aft. The view is amazing, so hands down deck 9 aft facing!

Thanks Nalagh.

I wonder if you could comment on the ship's movement while at sea from this location. I remmember looking into the Breakaway last year and many reviews talked about feeling alot of motion. It honestly made me stop researching it

I know this is very common on the NYC to BERMUDA route but people who had already cruised the route felt the Breakaway was even more sensitive. That was my husband's concern when I mentioned an aft balcony option.

This is the balcony of a aft suite on deck 12. The balconys on 9 are a little larger.

Of course the aft balcony won't be this big, but you can use this pic to get an idea of how deep the balconies are on the aft cabins.

BreakawayAftBalcony2_zpseace4f25.jpg

BreakawayAftBalcony_zps2a26782c.jpg

Was in a Aft Facing PH about three weeks ago on the 11th floor. We had no soot on the deck at all. We heard the music from Spice H2O when on Balcony but nothing once we closed the Balcony door. Loved the all the space on the balcony.

The aft balcony is the only way my husband will sail now - had one on a fluke, spoiled him forever.

For our NYC sailaway on BA, NINE of us stood and watched the scenery go by, six easily along the railing. Two loungers and two regular chairs fit easily. Once you try one, you'll never go back.

In terms of motion, I've never been sea sick on one, HOWEVER, I always take Bonine the first two days, just in case. It doesn't make you sleepy and is insurance out of NYC in winter.

I'm changing my ideas about higher being better - higher is closer to Spice H2O and is IS loud, so for aft, I'd go lower, this Christmas we will be in a 9th floor room, I'll be sure to post how that goes. Have fun!