Alaska cruise port question

michelb366

Hi all!

I'm a first-timer taking my two kids 12 and 16 to Alaska from Seattle in just a few weeks. How close to the scheduled times do the ships arrive in dock? If they say a 2pm arrival, would I make a 2:30 excursion?

Thanks!

Michelle

You should be ok. Is it an NCL booked excursion? If so, no problem at all. If not, the best answer would be provided by the tour operator. Either way, have a blast in Alaska!

Edited by GrabMyWrist

You're probably talking about Juneau.

Usually the ships arrive much earlier than the time you see on the schedule. For example, in Skagway, arrival time is usually around 5:30 to 6 am...docked and planked.

The problem with Juneau is there are more ships than berths on many days and one ship may have to wait for another to clear a berth, or the waiting ship will have to tender.

All that said, if you're booking your 2:30 excursion through NCL, I would have the upmost confidence in arriving for the booking on time.

Like in most places, the private vendors know better than anyone when to expect you can get off the ship.

Most ports in Alaska do let folks off pretty much at the desired time. If you happen to do one where you have to tender (Sitka maybe?).. then all bets are off.

Half and hour after schedule should be fine

Hi all!

I'm a first-timer taking my two kids 12 and 16 to Alaska from Seattle in just a few weeks. How close to the scheduled times do the ships arrive in dock? If they say a 2pm arrival, would I make a 2:30 excursion?

Thanks!

Michelle

I just returned and the ship docked early in each port. You can be off the ship thirty minutes after docking. Victoria was the only port where there were long lines exiting the ship.

If you book the excursion through NCL, the excursion will wait for you!

Have fun. I think you will really love the experience.