Sailaway on a Secret Deck

cheewiee

We did "sail away" on the secret deck aboard the Liberty in May and being able to see both sides of the port was really cool.

No bar service or chairs but the experience was good.

We could have a conversation without issue and still made the end of the Lido Party.

We did "sail away" on the secret deck aboard the Liberty in May and being able to see both sides of the port was really cool.

No bar service or chairs but the experience was good.

We could have a conversation without issue and still made the end of the Lido Party.

Yup we are sailing out of Port of Miami, so I figure it would be pretty easy to enjoy leaving the channel, in the front of the boat, then heading up to Lido once we hit open waters...

Sailing out of Tampa....it is close to home, so I love it - but it is a very long channel going through an industrial area, so really nothing to look at anyway. But I'm determined to find a secret deck sometime during my upcoming cruise.

Anyone enjoy Sailaway on one of the "Secret Decks"? I normally enjoy it on the Lido, but I am thinking for my upcoming cruise, it might be fun to stand at the front of the ship...

We've gone to the "secret deck" for every sail away. Sometimes we've gone out front on our own deck, sometimes we've gone down to the deck under the bridge, sometimes we've gone to the lowest forward deck. (Different deck numbers based on ship.) We purchased our drinks before heading out there. It was great seeing what was ahead of us and feeling the breeze on our faces.

The funniest experience happened on Dream out of Port Canaveral. There were red and green lights in the water that indicated the shipping lane. For some reason, the pilot decided to take us outside the shipping lane. Instead of following the curved route, he/she cut to the right and just sailed straight. Everyone on the "secret deck" with us was commenting on this strange occurrence. That was the first and only time we've ever seen the ship escape the shipping lane.

We normally go onto the Lido where all the "action" is....however, on our Med cruise on the Breeze when we sailed into Venice, it was a spectacular entrance form the bow of the ship on the "secret" deck (as you call it)!! A very different experience.

Several cruises ago my husband and I were standing on the deck at the front of the ship as it sailed away. It was lovely until the ship's horn sounded and just about blew us into the water!! Let me tell you, you feel it from your head to your toes.

This is a MUST DO ritual for me whenever I sail Carnival from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

Last cruise I was on (NCL Getaway in April) we went up to 16 forward. The view was the same but it wasn't the same experience as it's not a "secret" deck. And the horn got me, too!!!!

DH and I love the secret decks for sailaway. We loved watching all the ships use the turning basin on our last cruise on the Conquest from Miami.

I am especially looking forward to our next cruise on the Freedom as we booked a 4J really close to the secret deck, so it will be only steps away from our room! Also requested your time dining so maybe this time we'll actually be able to see the entire sailaway and not have to rush down for early dining.

Here comes the Breeze!

1010623_10152198581954721_723626166_n.jpg

Have done this on the Glory a few times. Pulling out of Norfolk and pulling into and out of Nassau and Freeport. Usually not many people up there. Saw flying fish as we were leaving Freeport and also the pilot jumping from the ship to the pilot boat after we left.

I would prefer to experience sail away from our balcony but on our last cruise it occurred while we were at our muster station. The drill took over half an hour and we were packed in like sardines.