Which would you pick?

New to RCCL, going to give their kids' club options a try after sailing CCL for years.

We are debating between Brilliance of the Seas going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel or the Enchantment of the Seas going to Nassau and Coco Cay. Both are 4 nights. Prices and drive to port are basically equal.

Based on ship and ports of call only, which would you pick?

New to RCCL, going to give their kids' club options a try after sailing CCL for years.

We are debating between Brilliance of the Seas going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel or the Enchantment of the Seas going to Nassau and Coco Cay. Both are 4 nights. Prices and drive to port are basically equal.

Based on ship and ports of call only, which would you pick?

I'd pick Brilliance. Slightly larger and newer than Enchantment, more specialty restaurants, plus I'd rather go to the Caribbean.

Edited by clarea

Neither. Personally I don't like the smaller ships - but whichever you choose, have a GREAT vacation :-)

I kind of feel the same way.

Of these choices, Brilliance is the nicer of the two.

But, with kids, I would look towards the larger ships. When are you looking to travel? Will Explorer be in Port Canaveral by then? Are there any 5 nights on Liberty or Indy going out of FLL at that time?

Edited by DonnaK

I dislike Nassau too, but lump Cozumel in the same category... However, I know they both have good beach options for the kids.

We are driving from GA, and the distance to FLL or MIA is not worth it with 2 kids!

We have family near Tampa and Port Canaveral to drive us to port, saving on parking. We are looking to go over my Spring Break since I'm a teacher and have limited travel times.

Honestly, I guess I'm getting opinions on the ships. We've been to all the ports, well CCL's version of Coco Cay, and they are all so-so at this point to us, but with shorter cruises that is what you get. We aren't quite ready to take the little ones on a 7+ day cruise to get to some of the better ports in the Southern or Eastern Carib.

CCL has some smaller ships that work for our schedule as well, but we wanted to try something different and go on a larger ship with some newer things.

Both are nice ships. Personally I prefer the Brillance but the Enchantment is also nice.

Here's a couple of things to consider

• There have been occasions that Coco Cay has to be canceled due to rough sea conditions making it unsafe to tender. There's no way to predict if this will occur on the cruise that you're considering rather it's just something to be aware of.
  • Both have a Rock Climbing Wall
  • Only Enchantment has the Bungee Trampoline
  • Only Brilliance has a Mini Golf Course
  • Both have Chops Grill ($),Park Café (complimentary)
  • Only Brilliance has Chefs Table(S), Giovanni's ($), Izumi ($) and Rita's Mexican Cantina ($)
  • Only Brilliance has Adventure Beach kids' pool with waterslide