Off Topic????

Trijntje

Hello cruise lovers,

Maybe the web master is going to remove this post. But I don't hope so.

My husband and me live in the Netherlands and we are real Florida and cruise addicts. My husband has just a couple of years to go and then he will be retired. Jippie!!! That's why we are already looking for a (winter) getaway to a nice warm country. And after a lot of thinking and sleepless nights, we decided that it's gonna be Florida!

We know Florida yet for over 10years, w' ve done a lot of traveling and staying in several parts of Florida. And ofcourse when we cruise out of Florida we do a couple of days extra for a short vacation in Florida.

And now we are looking for a mobile home in Florida, on a community park. We know thatthere are lot of snowbirds in Florida, who also do their cruising from there.

So we hope that some of the cruise additcs, who also have a mobile home or the experience, and will help us by telling us some of the secrets of living on a mobile home park. And maybe there is a person who has one, want to get rit of it. Please let us know, anything you want to share with us.

Thanks for all your help, hope to see you on the Sea Princess febr. 11

Love from the Netherlands

Harry and Trijntje

Plaese webmaster, we hope that you understand , we need some expierenced people and where to find them? Here on the cruising site. Thank you..! :)

Hi,

My parents and Grandma all live in a mobile home park located in Central Florida. Although they all live there full-time - my Grandma in a two-bedroom and my parents in a three-bedroom - (these are "manufactured homes" as opposed to "RVs") they have many snowbird neighbors who come only for the winter.

It is called Palm Valley - http://www.hometownamerica.com/index1.aspx?community=8254, and it is a community where you buy the home and rent the land. They really enjoy where they live, as there is a clubhouse that offers many activities each day - bingo, dancing, dinner, overnight trips, etc.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, as I may be able to answer them.

Carla

Yes Carla, I do have a question. Do you happen to know, what the people on that patk pay for there monthly fee?

If you don't know, I understand,oke.:) Hope you can help us. Any information is welcome.

Thank you very much,

Trijntje and Harry Jansen

The Netherlands

My parents and Grandma all live in a mobile home park located in Central Florida. Although they all live there full-time - my Grandma in a two-bedroom and my parents in a three-bedroom - (these are "manufactured homes" as opposed to "RVs") they have many snowbird neighbors who come only for the winter.

It is called Palm Valley - http://www.hometownamerica.com/index1.aspx?community=8254, and it is a community where you buy the home and rent the land. They really enjoy where they live, as there is a clubhouse that offers many activities each day - bingo, dancing, dinner, overnight trips, etc.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, as I may be able to answer them.

Carla

Hi Harry and Trijntje,

My family pays around $430 - $450 U.S. per month. I think on average, the price increases 3% per year. The fee includes lawn mowing, but does not include the cost of watering the grass - that is included in your regular water bill.

As opposed to other homes in Central Florida, I think that manufactured homes depreciate rather quickly, so you would probably be able to find a used home for a good price. Also, since the Euro is stronger than the U.S. dollar, you should be able to get more for your money.

Let me know if you have any other questions - Palm Valley really is a nice, safe place for retirees.

Carla

Yes, it is indeed a very nice place. W've seen it on the web-site. Thank you for the information.

We would like to see some of the parks when we are going on our cruise next febr. But w've already booked our flight tickets and they are cheap and the TA had to print them in advance, so there are no changes in the ticket possible anymore.

Now we are trying to get a cheap ticket around april-may. I'm trying to find as much parks as I can, so we can give them a visit and see how it looks like.

Is there anyone else with some good advice???:confused:

Thanks (Carla),

greetings from a to cold Holland, (now you know, why we want to come to Florida :cool: )

Love from Trijntje and Harry

Archived