Drinks question

I am always thirsty! I don't really drink alcohol. We are flying in just before the cruise so won't have time to take soft drinks etc on board. I don't like the offerings on the soft drink package.

So my questions are

-is the tap water in your room ok to drink?

-were exactly on the ship can you get cold drinks during the day and what are they?

-I know coke isn't included on the drinks package but do they sell it onboard?

Thanks-I will be back with more questions ( can you tell I'm a newbie lol)

The tap water is fine to drink. In the buffet there is always water, iced tea, lemonade, and usually flavored water available at no charge. NCL only serves Pepsi products so you can't buy Coke onboard.

Edited by emcelh

You're flying into Barcelona aren't you? There is a shop at the terminal which sells drinks. I've only looked for wine there, but I'm sure they have soft drinks too.

Maybe if you go to the Spain ports of call board and ask whether the shop at Barcelona terminal sells soda someone will be able to confirm.

We always drink the water on the ship. It's fine in our opinion. You can get ice water from any bar and there are always drinks available from the buffet and the seated area just outside. I quite like the lemonade.

-is the tap water in your room ok to drink?

In my experience that depends on the ship. On some ships the tap water has distinctive chlorine taste, on some other ships not too much. We usually bring our own water with us to be consumed in cabin and on port days off the ship.

Water served in bars and restaurants is always good.

Yes, you can buy some coke products at various terminals, or if you really want some, get them at the airport.

Whenever I see that someone is flying in the same day as the cruise, I feel bad. They are missing a great opportunity to visit a great city - Barcelona.

I packed a refillable water bottle and some individual sugar-free drink mix packets. The room steward always made sure we had plenty of ice. I'd pop a few cubes into the bottle, pour in the drink mix powder, add water from the bathroom tap, shake it up, and VOILA! My thirst problem was solved.