Smell funes/exhaust from aft balcony on Serenade?

Hi:

This is my first RCI cruise and the first time with a balcony.

We are thinking of getting a aft cabin across the back of the boat on Deck 9 on the Serenade. Do you smell any exhuast from the ship on the back of the boat?

We were recently on the Galaxy (non gas turbine ship) and there were tons of fumes and ash on the back of the boat. You couldn't sit on the back deck chairs without wiping them off. Does Serenade have this problem?

Is the Serenade gas powered? I'm assuming if it is that fumes/ash would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Have had aft cabins on Serenade and Brilliance (decks 7&9), and fumes or ash were not a problem. We could smell the exhaust in one port, but that can happen in any location depending on how the wind blows. It is a great location with a marvelous view, but it is a long walk to the elevators...burns a few calories though!!

I was on deck 8 aft and had no issues with exhaust or ashes. But I agree with cruisman, it is one heck of a long walk. After having the experience of the aft cabin, I will rethink my cabin choice for future cruises. I found myself not interested in going to my cabin for things when I needed them because it would take so freakin long! I guess that's why I love the Empress! Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the Serenade and hope to go again soon on that class, but be prepared for the time it takes to get from one place to another, expecially from an aft cabin. But what a GREAT view!!! and it was a full moon too. It was spectacular!

Archived