Auditorium Seating on the Spirit

first2travel

Just an comment on my experience on the auditorium seating arrangements on my recent adventure to the Medaterriaan aboard the Spirit. Being a Gold member, I would have thought that accommodations would be made for preference on where to sit during any of their nightly entertainment. Be that as it may, at one show we, a group of 5 gold members, walked in via the balcony entrance. Just as we entered there was a empty seating and as such we made ourselves comfortable and ordered a cocktail. Not soon afterward, a member the NCL staff approached us and very politely indicated that we were in the VIP seats and had to vacate. The VIP seats were assigned to those passengers who had purchased a penthouse suite. The max of 25 seats were empty. We were also told that we could return 5 minutes before show time if the area designated for the VIP's had vacancies. Needless to write we did not return to those special seats and the area remained vacant throughout the show.

VIP seating isn't listed as a perk for any Latitudes level so not sure why you think you should have been entitled to it. It isn't even a perk for all suites - just the highest levels. I've been on the Spirit and never had problems finding empty seats in the theater especially when arriving early as it sounds like you did.

Platinum does not get any seating perks and for sure Gold does not either. Reserved seating has always been a suite perk and on some ships it is in fact, only for GV, DOS and OS. I'm actually surprised they offered you a chance to come back. Our last cruise on Jewel, they chased out non suite guests throughout the show regardless of empty seats.